Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:53:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 428551 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2025 on: September 11, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »

They've been sneaking up on him, benefitting from the element of surprise.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/moto2-romano-fenati-summoned-to-fim-headquarters-to-explain-his-conduct/
If they have any sack at all they'll revoke his license so he'll never race at a professional level again.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2026 on: September 11, 2018, 03:56:43 PM »

Excellent 👍

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #2027 on: September 11, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »

If they have any sack at all they'll revoke his license so he'll never race at a professional level again.

I think that would be appropriate.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
DesmoDiva

« Reply #2028 on: September 12, 2018, 03:47:04 AM »

+2.

Sounds like the FIM is starting to grasps how much of their credibility with the fans and racers is at stake by not taking this incident seriously. 

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2029 on: September 12, 2018, 07:27:16 AM »

" ...the FIM took the time needed to reflect serenely on the incident... "

I imagine it took quite a while to achieve the level of calmness needed to even think about reflecting serenely on the incident.
First, they had to bring in medics to revive the staff who had collapsed into a catatonic state.
Then, send out search parties for the staff who had run away hollering "I'M NOT PAID ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ! ! ! !".
Counseling next, for the staff who had remained behind and smashed the monitors to dust.
Finally, hiring Denzel Washington to come in and demonstrate what reflecting serenely *looks* like.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2030 on: September 12, 2018, 08:33:34 AM »

laughingdp

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #2031 on: September 12, 2018, 08:48:17 AM »

laughingdp

Post of the day right there

laughingdp

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2032 on: September 12, 2018, 09:36:01 AM »

chug Thanks guys  chug

Have a good one!

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2033 on: September 16, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »

https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/09/16/motogp/ponsson-ive-been-dropped-by-dorna-and-crutchlow.html

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #2034 on: September 17, 2018, 05:49:24 AM »

Cluster make the beast with two backs... since this is all behind the scenes, we don't know why he got the ride in the first place. This goes back to questioning how Dorna picks riders. You have a guy that has completed dominated WSBK (Rea) for the past few years that has never been mentioned as a possible replacement in MotoGP. I know DP thinks it's due to not having sponsors ($$$), but I believe it's more about guys on the paddock fearing his talent.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2035 on: September 17, 2018, 06:02:56 AM »

Maybe he doesn't want to  Smiley  Big fish small pond....

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
DesmoDiva

« Reply #2036 on: September 17, 2018, 09:27:37 AM »

Maybe...

But Rea is so dominate, I'm confident if started on the last row he would still cross the line first.

There could be hesitation for him to move up after what happened with Spies.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
GK

« Reply #2037 on: September 17, 2018, 09:46:52 AM »

What a right, royal mess!

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2038 on: September 17, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »

Rea is an unknown quantity, so the paddock is shy.
Rea doesn't want to live through what Ponsson just did...risk, negative press, confidence zapped by a very different machine prepped by a second-tier team.
Big bowl of nope for him.

Teams are in a bit of a pinch, not a lot of qualified riders floating around without contracts.
Test riders can fill in for primary riders... y'know like Kallio....oh, yeah.  bang head

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2039 on: September 17, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

Maybe he doesn't want to  Smiley  Big fish small pond....
I don't think so Lars. Johnny ditched Honda, for Kwak, after they passed him over for a chance to ride in GP.

Cluster make the beast with two backs... since this is all behind the scenes, we don't know why he got the ride in the first place. This goes back to questioning how Dorna picks riders. You have a guy that has completed dominated WSBK (Rea) for the past few years that has never been mentioned as a possible replacement in MotoGP. I know DP thinks it's due to not having sponsors ($$$), but I believe it's more about guys on the paddock fearing his talent.
I don't think the guys in the GP paddock fear any other rider.

Rea is an unknown quantity, so the paddock is shy.
Rea doesn't want to live through what Ponsson just did...risk, negative press, confidence zapped by a very different machine prepped by a second-tier team.
Big bowl of nope for him.

Teams are in a bit of a pinch, not a lot of qualified riders floating around without contracts.
Test riders can fill in for primary riders... y'know like Kallio....oh, yeah.  bang head
I wasn't suggesting Rea as a substitute. He deserves a chance at a full time GP ride.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: