Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 12:15:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Las Cruces...  (Read 9190 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« on: January 03, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »

I know most of you guys are up in the Albuquerque area, but talk to me about Las Cruces...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 03:00:41 PM »

Las Cruces is the 2nd largest city in NM. With NMSU, White Sands Missile Range and the Space Port in or near the city makes for good employment opportunities. The climate is mild and the town is sheltered by the surrounding mountains.
I have a couple of good friends living there if you need more specific information.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Any idea what the cycling scene is like down there?  A friend of mine is inviting me to join in on a long-established family agricultural business that he is likely returning home to run.  We're both quickly tiring of working for the Man here in DC, and the more I look into it, the better it seems.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 04:52:25 PM »

Can't blame you. I cut the cord myself as of 12/23 and couldn't be happier.
If you are talking about bicycling I can't help you.
The Organ Mountains are the closest elevation to Las Cruces but I haven't checked them out.
The Black Range close to Silver City is a blast to ride and I'm told that Hwy 191 in Arizona
is even better from a motorcycling perspective.
But then again, the bicycle and motorcycle riders in NM tend to prefer the same roads.  Dolph
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 04:10:19 PM »

Las Cruces is close to the Arroyo Seco race track in Deming, too, so that's got to help a bit.  Roger, who owns and operates the facility, is a bike guy.  Viva Powersports in El Paso is your nearest Ducati dealer, and that's only a short drive away.  I don't know much about them, but I haven't heard anything bad.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »

Cool, thanks for the info.  Stu will most likely be working on my SC if I were to keep it.  He owes me an alloy swing arm.   Grin

reverus

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 03:26:12 AM »

cruces in the last few years pretty much turned into scottsdale arizona. Lots of money moved in. its Gotten pretty nice. cycle scene kinda blows as far as I know. As mentioned arroyo seco is there however so that's cool. There is a hotel there I can't think of the name right now that we go to everynow and then, they have the best hot tub this side of vegas!

Albuquerque is better though heh
Duck-Stew

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 09:12:08 AM »

Cool, thanks for the info.  Stu will most likely be working on my SC if I were to keep it.  He owes me an alloy swing arm.   Grin

I owe you a ?!?WHAT?!?

Cool

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »

Well, you know.   Grin

But no, I figure you're the one who I'll want working on it if I do end up making a move out that way.  Time will tell.

Duck-Stew

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 12:03:59 PM »

Well, you know.   Grin

But no, I figure you're the one who I'll want working on it if I do end up making a move out that way.  Time will tell.

No matter what...  It would be great to hang out with you again.  Be well & let us know...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Cloner

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »

He owes me an alloy swing arm.   Grin

Yeah.....me too!!!  An alloy swing arm for my Aermacchi!   Dolph

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 03:46:48 PM »

While you at it Stu, make me one as well since my chain is still rubbing on it and DNA refuses to do anything about it  Grin
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:22 AM »

Ok, a lot of time has passed since I started this thread.  Since then, work posted a vacancy in Cruces, and I (as well as my best friend) applied for it.  Time passed, I took a four month trip out to the Middle East, only to find out that I was selected for an interview.  That was a month and a half ago.  Got a phone call today offering me the position.  So now comes the decision.  Do I stay or do I go???

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »

And it's official.  I'll be moving out there some time in the early-mid autumn.

Cloner

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 12:48:59 PM »

Congratulations on your new position, DWD.  Make time to come to ABQ once in a while for a visit!   Dolph

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: