Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 05:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moto GP Sachsenring debrief, do any of you other DOGS watch?  (Read 3178 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« on: July 14, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »

I feel depressed/disraught/utterly flabbergasted that there aren't many other threads discussing the race scene on our beloved club board.  Did any of you other wankers (and I mean that in the nicest, Christian way possible) watch the GP race Sunday?

Our boy Stoner is back in form with three consecutive wins.  Although, how that little Spanish weasel Pedrosa is still 2nd in the points after scoring NONE last weekend is beyond me.  All in good time...Stoner will win Laguna, Pedrosa is not finished crashing this season, and Rossi is well, just not a spring chicken any longer. 

In the interest of full disclosure, I have a wager with a good friend that Stoner will beat Rossi (he's one of those Rossi worshipers).  Also, I love to hate Pedrosa.  Discuss!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:43:33 PM by Smitch » Logged
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »

What channel?Huh?  When I set up the DVR to record, it only showed MOTO GP 250 class???   it was an hour though?  so that very well must have been 2 races, I'll check it out and get back with you!!  I didn't read but your title to this post, cause I didn't want any spoilers!  Looks like Me and my 8 pack of Guinness have something to watch tonight!   drink

brew

aka Dan (for those of you who didn't know)

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Smitch

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 11:07:30 AM »

Hey Dan, I figured that was you.  Nobody loves beer more than Dan!

Sorry, there are definitely spoilers in my first post on this thread so continue not looking at it.

But you're out of luck finding Sachsenring's MotoGP race on Speed.  It was on CBS, as are the next two races.  So look for them on that network and set your recorder.

For the record, I freakin' hate it when CBS gets 3 races a year.  Their commentary is HORRIBLE compared to the British guys.  Greg White is sucha stinkin' tool...
flynbulldog

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »

For the record, I freakin' hate it when CBS gets 3 races a year.  Their commentary is HORRIBLE compared to the British guys.  Greg White is sucha stinkin' tool...

God I'll second that! I HATE watching the CBS races...

Americans just don't know dick about world class motorcycle racing and the commentary on CBS makes that so apparent.  bacon
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:55:32 AM »

God I'll second that! I HATE watching the CBS races...

Americans just don't know dick about world class motorcycle racing and the commentary on CBS makes that so apparent.  bacon

To be fair, I was slightly less disappointed than I was expecting to be with the commentary.  Maybe just the fact that it was a very good race distracted me from the bad commentary.  (Or, I had just gotten home from a ride, and my ears were still ringing so I really couldn't hear that well.)

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Smitch

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 07:35:59 AM »

To be fair, I was slightly less disappointed than I was expecting to be with the commentary.  Maybe just the fact that it was a very good race distracted me from the bad commentary.  (Or, I had just gotten home from a ride, and my ears were still ringing so I really couldn't hear that well.)

I'll admit it did seem slightly better, they were focusing slighty more on what was actually happening.  But whenever Greg White would start dumbing it down and explaining things "for those of you at home", I cringed. They need to focus on the track action exclusively and not break into song about "When I talked to Colin Edwards before the race, he said this, this and this."   
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »

I'll admit it did seem slightly better, they were focusing slighty more on what was actually happening.  But whenever Greg White would start dumbing it down and explaining things "for those of you at home", I cringed. They need to focus on the track action exclusively and not break into song about "When I talked to Colin Edwards before the race, he said this, this and this."   

I guess that is one advantage to watching it in a bar, where they do not turn up the volume.

Bulldog, can we be blessed with your attendance this Sunday and get your commentary?

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
flynbulldog

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »

popcorn  Here's my commentary:

"And Stoner wins the bloody race again! ohhhhhhhhh.  Too bad for Pedrosa crashing out on the corkscrew, looks like he'll be out for the rest of the season  bacon
 chug chug chug chug  [moto]

This just in (really) : MADRID (AFP) — Spanish MotoGP title contender Dani Pedrosa said on Wednesday he was going to push himself to the limit to try and make the line-up for this weekend's United States race despite carrying injuries from last Sunday's German race.

The Honda rider broke his left wrist and a finger in his left hand, whilst also spraining his right ankle.

"In agreement with my doctor, we have decided that I will fly to the United States and that I will do my utmost to compete in qualifying and the race (Laguna Seca) itself," Pedrosa revealed on the MotoGP website.

Pedrosa will eat crow this Sunday....
flynbulldog

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:28:18 AM »

Oh and lest we forget: Say bye bye little R1!
Smitch

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »

Bulldog, I'm thrilled to see you posting pics!  It does inhance the online experience!

OKay I must be stupid, what do you mean, "say bye bye little R1?"

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »

popcorn  Here's my commentary:

"And Stoner wins the bloody race again! ohhhhhhhhh.  Too bad for Pedrosa crashing out on the corkscrew, looks like he'll be out for the rest of the season  bacon
 chug chug chug chug  [moto]

This just in (really) : MADRID (AFP) — Spanish MotoGP title contender Dani Pedrosa said on Wednesday he was going to push himself to the limit to try and make the line-up for this weekend's United States race despite carrying injuries from last Sunday's German race.

The Honda rider broke his left wrist and a finger in his left hand, whilst also spraining his right ankle.

"In agreement with my doctor, we have decided that I will fly to the United States and that I will do my utmost to compete in qualifying and the race (Laguna Seca) itself," Pedrosa revealed on the MotoGP website.

Pedrosa will eat crow this Sunday....

applause applause applause

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 01:16:58 PM »

And at some point during the race, you must interject:

SIDE BY SIDE

Smitch

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 02:43:06 PM »

YES!  And, "OHHH, THEY TOUCH!" as well as "Casay Stona, ABSOLUTELY FLYING!"
flynbulldog

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »

Bulldog, I'm thrilled to see you posting pics!  It does inhance the online experience!

OKay I must be stupid, what do you mean, "say bye bye little R1?"

OK I know its not an R1 but Rossi is on a Yamaha! Just commenting on his (and the Yamaha's) future.

As for the pic I can link with the best of them, I'm just not uploading my own stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: