Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:40:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Monster  (Read 3982 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« on: September 16, 2015, 10:46:23 PM »

Is this what they were hinting at when they were talking about a 1299 Streetfighter?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2015/09/ducati-introduces-2016-monster-1200-r/

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 05:20:59 AM »

There's been talk of a new SF using the Panigale motor, or possibly waiting until the new V4 SBK comes out and using that engine.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 08:43:16 AM »

There's been talk of a new SF using the Panigale motor, or possibly waiting until the new V4 SBK comes out and using that engine.

What V4 SBK engine?  As far as I know that only exists in the pipedreams of the Ducatisti.

One of the news sites was quoting that the Ducati higher ups were denying any Panigale Streetfighter.  Too bad if that's the case.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
15899Pani

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »

Just read an article that said, for sure no ugly ass naked panigale, thank god.  That is what this monster r is for.  They said that the last SF sales were so terrible that they are not even considering a new sf lmao!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »

The Monster S/R is no substitute for a true "naked" such as the 1290SDR, Tuono, et al...it just doesn't have the hooligan, in your face DNA...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

Just read an article that said, for sure no ugly ass naked panigale, thank god.  That is what this monster r is for.  They said that the last SF sales were so terrible that they are not even considering a new sf lmao!

I, for one, would absolutely love a naked Panigale, esp. if it looked like some of their guesses.  Just goes to show you how folks are different. I think time will show that the 1098SF was one of the best they ever made.  Not that it was everyone's cup of tea though. It was hard to ride for most folks and there are faster bikes out there that are even easier to ride. BUT, that bike was fun, fun, fun!!  Ducati is just being a pussy about making something like that again and most of their bikes now are dumbed down to appeal to a larger buyer population. Can't fault them for that in a way but to some of us die-hards it is a huge letdown.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

What V4 SBK engine? 

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ducati-rumored-to-ditch-the-superquadro-engine-and-replace-it-with-a-motogp-derived-v4-99238.html

A couple of folks on here, who work within the company, have all but confirmed that the next series SBK will be running a V4.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ducati-rumored-to-ditch-the-superquadro-engine-and-replace-it-with-a-motogp-derived-v4-99238.html

A couple of folks on here, who work within the company, have all but confirmed that the next series SBK will be running a V4.

Well, that's just great. 2018 or 2019.  Roll Eyes  Dolph

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 09:57:59 PM »

Well, that's just great. 2018 or 2019.  Roll Eyes  Dolph

that'll give you time to save up for it... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: