Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:44:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Oz Monster Whining Crying and Pregnant Dogging thread.  (Read 19417 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2015, 03:56:40 AM »

yep, well i was wrong actually, he didn't censor anything, ducpainter moved my posts to this thread and no one said anything or PM'ed to let the posters know their post had been moved.

It was enough to get me suspended as per above, all i wanted was an explanation as to why i got suspended, i posted publicly asking because it was posted publicly that i had been booted, i have no problem with moderation because as you say, i don't generally cause a ruckus.
...and I'll continue to move things as I see fit, without notification, and expect you'll either ask via pm or check your profile to see if the post still exists, and not become accusatory regarding censorship.

Members privileges are not rights as explained above.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2015, 04:01:20 AM »

i posted that the exact second you did, without prompting after understanding steve's PM, so yes mate,i will check my posts and not become accusatory in public or by PM regarding censorship.

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2015, 04:03:35 AM »

Thanks

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2015, 05:41:32 AM »

Thanks for your PMs loony888.

Makes for a better understanding of the real person behind the public posting  waytogo

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Stinky Wizzleteats
AKA Super T.I.B

Hey, Nice Marmot

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2015, 11:00:40 PM »

Giggity Giggity Goo.

WTF!

I like a drink. You know when people say 'I like a drink as much as the next man'? Not if I'm the next man, you don't.
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2015, 04:27:02 AM »

Much has happened here in the last few months.
There has been some seriously disappointing things happen to very good people on this forum.

True there was not much action here, may people had come and gone and those that were still here kept things going
and the banter was always light and jovial. True late night red wine posting did often take over but it never really hurt anyone and if some got offended then it was just a matter of either asking the poster to pull it back a notch or just don't read it.

After meeting the greater Sydney group on Thursday night this week (some 12 people) for a social night that was supposed to host a new visitor/temporary resident to Sydney who couldn't turn up in the end. There was as you would expect much chatter about the further death of the OzMonster forum.

Since coming to this new home in 2009 from memory the OzMonster board never had a moderator. There was no need as there was a great group of people who all knew on another, many in person which sometimes doesn't happen with digital hangouts such as this. Bigiain, Nickors/Goldfish and Rusty (pervious Mods) were still here but also dropped off. Rusty moved to QLD and sold all motorcycles, Bigiain went and hung out at a new home the BikeMe forum and Nick was still around for a few years but as with many others dropped off.

There was still a small core bunch for a while who still hung out here and for the most part all knew each other both here and IRL especially the Sydney group. Most of us have each others numbers are FB friends and exchange phone calls and rides with our own smaller social circles.
Some might say they are "clicks" and might not feel invited but really if that is the way they think then that is up to there own judgement, regardless of their geographic location.
What it really is, is life. People find friends within a larger group and tend to hangout and ride together as well as ride with the bigger social group when it comes along.

Hearing of people referring to Sydney folk as a "click" or even people within that group as being part of the "click" is simply untrue. For those who have been here long enough you might know that for many years the Sydney based OzMo riders would gather en-mass pretty often for larger groups rides (15-20) bikes at a time. All were welcome and all came along, no click, just a good ride and chat.

So now that we have had a Mod installed, many have been band. Trouble has been made, people have accused others of mis-conduct. PM's have been forwarded to report behavior which is breaking rules in itself as a PM is just the Private Message. Meaning someone has something to say to you that they don't want broadcast.
People have asked questions and been band, people have requested more information and been band.
People have been "taking the piss" or sarcastic and been band. We all know there is no tone in a keyboard and we also know that many here have a very dry sense of humour.

Personally I had some phone calls and messages about whatever situation unfolded. I was asked to jump back on as one of the older and somewhat defacto leaders of the Oz Mo mob here in Sydney. But really it was not my place to have anything to say as firstly we are all adults here. And secondly pretty much all the older Sydney mob have or had each others numbers/emails and if they really needed to sort something out then just make a call. It's that easy.

And if you couldn't make a call and sort it out which would be unlikely as to the best of my knowledge everyone always got on.
Sure people bickered and had the shits for a day or two but no-one took anything any further or sent messages either through this board or to a members mobile (cell) phone with hateful things to say.

It is really disappointing to know that this home feels like it will never be the same again.
I feel like as ever a few people have managed to destroy it for the many who still did drop in from time to time and hangout.

And if this gets deleted or I get dealt the same as others it might just go to prove the point.

We never needed a Mod here and we still don't. We all just need to know that we are adults. 

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2015, 04:37:17 AM »

You won't get banned.

You'll retain a moderator.

You aren't adult enough.

End of story.

perspective

mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2015, 05:07:06 AM »

Then you really and truly don't understand us or the majority of people here at all which is why they aren't any people here anymore.

And you have a modorater to moderate no-one.

Oh well you're loss, cause the only people here that ever gathered as a group and rode motorcycles were the group from Sydney and they can do that without a board because we know each other.

Seriously go back and look at the history since before your newly appointed Mod.
And have a look at things since he was instated.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2015, 05:24:07 AM »

Then you really and truly don't understand us or the majority of people here at all which is why they aren't any people here anymore.

And you have a modorater to moderate no-one.

Oh well you're loss, cause the only people here that ever gathered as a group and rode motorcycles were the group from Sydney and they can do that without a board because we know each other.

Seriously go back and look at the history since before your newly appointed Mod.
And have a look at things since he was instated.
You make some accusations in your original post, but neglect to mention that the shite hit the fan because the members that you claim were treated wrongly were posting pm's on the open board...were asked to knock it back a notch...and refused.

I don't care if they take their antics elsewhere. This forum isn't about the kinds of things they wanted it for. It's fine with me if this is a ghost town. I prefer that to the private clubhouse it had become for those few childish members.

If you want to discuss further pm is the way to go.

perspective

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2015, 03:05:42 AM »

So now that we have had a Mod installed, many have been band.
Just to state the facts for a moment:  One has been banned.  Just a single solitary one.

During the ruckus a hand-full received a couple of days suspension - a short 'time-out' to cool their heels - but are not now nor ever were banned. 

They just chose to stay away.  Which, given the general unwillingness to play within the rules, is probably for the best.

gino

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »

Hey Mr Moderator.Can we get rid of this pathetic thread at some stage?Oh ho.Have i just stuck my neck out ? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin bang head  bow down

I got a monster and i aint afraid to use it !
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »

Yeah, good idea.
Might as well delete it into oblivion. waytogo We can move on.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Post Whore

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »

Hey Mr Moderator.Can we get rid of this pathetic thread at some stage?Oh ho.Have i just stuck my neck out ? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin bang head  bow down
What?  And be accused of.... censorship?  Shocked

Seriously though, I do agree with you gino.  At some stage I think it would be good to file this thread away.....

But I'm not convinced we're yet at that stage, so for now....

This thread remains.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:48:10 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: