Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:15:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody put together a group ride, please  (Read 6422 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« on: April 17, 2016, 05:33:36 AM »

Texas summers will be upon us in the next couple of months or two, so, calling all interested riders: please come up with a new group ride.

Maybe someplace north or south east?

It doesn't really matter where but it is time to get on with and rideā€¦ Jus' sayin'  Evil
muskrat

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 05:41:51 AM »

Jason has a Southern route that's pretty good and now that his rear brake and fuel sensors should be fixed he will be "encouraged" to post....I'll lean on him.   waytogo
Now, is anyone up for a Bandera or Arkansas trip one weekend?

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »

When you say "weekend," does that mean leave early Saturday and come back Sunday?  If so, we're in.  Absolutely  waytogo
dallas2r

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 07:59:43 PM »

Ok you got it... how about Possum Kingdom? I've heard good things and I've never ridden out there. This is what I'm thinking:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13201315

I could possibly do this Sunday 4/24 if my ride is back in business. Otherwise it'll be a few weeks.

Definitely interested in a weekend trip as well.

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Mhanis

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 02:26:10 AM »

Ok you got it... how about Possum Kingdom? I've heard good things and I've never ridden out there. This is what I'm thinking:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13201315

I could possibly do this Sunday 4/24 if my ride is back in business. Otherwise it'll be a few weeks.

Definitely interested in a weekend trip as well.

That looks like a great route!

I am self imposing a ride ban until I get some shit done around the house. I have a fence gate in dire need of replacement and I kept telling my wife over the winter :I want to get it done before it gets too hot" so until I get it done (and a few other things) I am out.

Of course that is subject to change if a great route like this comes up!  drool

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »

I'm in, too... but this is my busy season right now so the stars will have to align, but if I know far enough ahead I can make it work.  I need to wear out the new Pirellis I just put on...

Now, is anyone up for a... ...Arkansas trip one weekend?

I've been going up to Jasper, AR in the spring for the past 12 years to camp on the Buffalo, we drive up Hwy 7 and I always think 'man, I need to figure out a way to make this on the bike.'  Problem is, my camping buddy is bikeless... and then there is all the camping stuff we take.  Need to figure something out....

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 06:40:07 PM »

I'm in, too... but this is my busy season right now so the stars will have to align, but if I know far enough ahead I can make it work.  I need to wear out the new Pirellis I just put on...

I've been going up to Jasper, AR in the spring for the past 12 years to camp on the Buffalo, we drive up Hwy 7 and I always think 'man, I need to figure out a way to make this on the bike.'  Problem is, my camping buddy is bikeless... and then there is all the camping stuff we take.  Need to figure something out....

Bike camping you say?  Been there.  Done that, just as one or two others on this forum have.  Definetly interested in trying a trip like that sometime in the near future.  Because of my work schedule at the moment my ability to do a three day weekend trip becomes an option anytime after July 15.

Now as far as the Possum Kingdom ride, I'd really like to try that as well - looks like a nice ride.  Seems like we have always been traveling through there to get to someplace else but I do remember that part of the hill country being scenic so I'm in for that trip as well.

This weekend may be a stretch timing-wise but I'm not sure yet.

Will keep an eye on this thread  waytogo
dallas2r

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »

Unfortunately my brand-spanking-new-go-fast machine is nothing more than a doorstop at this point until parts get in on Monday so I'm out for this weekend. On the bright side, the Termi's and Rizoma bits I ordered last week should be in and installed by the time I pick her up next week.   Grin

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect so hopefully y'all can get out and enjoy.  Dolph

2007 Monster S2R1000

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »

Well, hell.  That does suck.  They'll get it sorted though.  Termis rock on that bike.  Can't wait to hear it.

Nothing says this was THE weekend for you Possum Kingdom ride anyway - I think it would be a great ride anytime.  Given enough advanced notice it should be do-able.  Not supposed to be unbearably hot for another month or so.

We're looking forward to this one   Dolph
muskrat

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 11:23:49 AM »

I'm In......should we hit hwy 4 and spend the night the day before the ride at a cheapo motel?

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
muskrat

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 11:24:39 AM »

make the beast with two backs man, what's wrong with it?  BTW, did they change the airbox?

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
dallas2r

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:54 PM »

Well, hell.  That does suck.  They'll get it sorted though.  Termis rock on that bike.  Can't wait to hear it.

Nothing says this was THE weekend for you Possum Kingdom ride anyway - I think it would be a great ride anytime.  Given enough advanced notice it should be do-able.  Not supposed to be unbearably hot for another month or so.

We're looking forward to this one   Dolph
Yeah, it sucks when you can't play with your new toy but I can't complain too much because... hey... new toy!  Grin  Jordan's been doing the best he can to iron things out and I've no worries things will get sorted.

I'm In......should we hit hwy 4 and spend the night the day before the ride at a cheapo motel?
I think it's totally do-able in a day if we do it right but I understand if some might want to break up the ride-day mileage with a motel stay. I'll post an official thread once we set a date but for now, here's what I'm thinking:

• 1st leg is just getting to Granbury. Boring slab, low exertion. I suggest we meet up there for breakfast or coffee and to fuel up.
  • 2nd leg (75 miles - "spirited") takes us from Granbury up to the lake. Gas stop, fluids/snacks and we can stop and stretch our legs at the observation point overlooking the dam and the valley below.
  • 3rd leg (75 miles - "spirited") - Stop in Lipan for gas
  • 4th leg (20 miles - cool down) - Back to civilization and lunch in Granbury
  • Last leg - home. Boring slab, low exertion.

make the beast with two backs man, what's wrong with it?  BTW, did they change the airbox?
No news on the airbox. Still waiting on a new hands-free unit. The one they ordered last week wouldn't program so they had to re-order which should be in today. Jordan also ordered a second fallback solution as well and he seemed pretty confident he could have everything ready tomorrow. Hopefully before the thunderstorm hits!

2007 Monster S2R1000

Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 07:08:12 PM »

I think it's totally do-able in a day if we do it right but I understand if some might want to break up the ride-day mileage with a motel stay. I'll post an official thread once we set a date but for now, here's what I'm thinking:

I'm down with it... just need a heads-up on the date.  May is going to be busy, but I realllly want to get a ride in.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 03:43:18 AM »

I'm in for sure - probably Alan too.  I don't think it matters if its a two day or one long day.  Let's ride  Evil
dallas2r

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 04:46:11 AM »

Jason has a Southern route that's pretty good and now that his rear brake and fuel sensors should be fixed he will be "encouraged" to post....I'll lean on him.   waytogo
Now, is anyone up for a Bandera or Arkansas trip one weekend?

It's short notice (the plan just hatched yesterday) but the GF and I are heading up for a four-day starting tomorrow. Here's the route.

If anyone can break free, the more the merrier.  waytogo Dolph
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:48:30 AM by dallas2r » Logged

2007 Monster S2R1000

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: