Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mechanic recommendations  (Read 2697 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« on: September 20, 2016, 11:21:04 AM »

Hey DFW folks,

Ill be passing through Dallas on my way to Austin on my way to Mexico next week.  I'm looking for mechanic recommendations for either the Dallas or Austin areas.  I'll be on my Suzuki DR650, not my Duc, so think Jap mechanic instead of Duc mechanic.

I asked around on ADVrider and the response I got was a lecture on how to properly prep rather than a recommendation.  I'm hoping my beloved DMF proves more germane.

I don't have any work planned, I just think after riding 2000 miles I may discover something I want fixed or adjusted by a pro before I enter Mexico for the months-long journey.  I'd like to know I have a place I can reasonably trust rather than having to scramble to find any ol' guy with a bike shop, if the need arises.

Anyway, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Thanks in advance.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Mhanis

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:21:26 AM »

I think one of the guys at the Duc dealership has one of those. I'll ask and see if he has a recommendation.

Do you know when you'll be sliding through town? I know I'd love to have dinner and hear about what you have going on, and maybe a couple of others too!

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 08:55:44 AM »

A hint... http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=70668.msg1364974#msg1364974

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:38:28 AM »

I think one of the guys at the Duc dealership has one of those. I'll ask and see if he has a recommendation.

Do you know when you'll be sliding through town? I know I'd love to have dinner and hear about what you have going on, and maybe a couple of others too!

Mark

Thanks, Mark.  I just got a recommendation for Plano Kawa/Suzuki dealer as a reputable place, so I think I'll give them a go unless anyone offers something better.

Meanwhile, I'll be coming through next weekend, exact days TBD but likely there Sep 30 and Oct 1.  Would happily grab a beer with you and any others if we can make it work.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »

Thanks, Mark.  I just got a recommendation for Plano Kawa/Suzuki dealer as a reputable place, so I think I'll give them a go unless anyone offers something better.

Meanwhile, I'll be coming through next weekend, exact days TBD but likely there Sep 30 and Oct 1.  Would happily grab a beer with you and any others if we can make it work.

There is an excellent Mexican restaurant just down the street (Posados) or just across US75 (Abuelos.)  I don't have any experience with that specific dealer/shop, just the Honda dealer up the street... which is usually pretty busy.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: