Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:02:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg White blackmail list..... who's on it?  (Read 6290 times)
gm2

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 09:16:17 AM »

Kevin and Greg are the new Cotton Mcknight and Pepper Brooks.....

Cotton McKnight: I'm being told that Average Joe's does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the championship match.

Pepper Brooks: It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

laughingdp laughingdp

Like this is the racing, no?
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »

When did Rossi become Vali?

mitt

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 10:59:35 AM »

When did Rossi become Vali?

mitt

every other referance   laughingdp

poor CBS viewers must have thought Amy, Rossi and Vali were one and the same.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
lawbreaker

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »

....CBS might as well get "The Big Swag" from Monster Garage.......

"YOU gotta be kidding me..........!"
mags

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 08:17:36 AM »

I sent some, um, "expressive mail", to CBS, Speed, & MotoGP.   Evil

"Right line, wrong circuit."  - World SBK Announcer.
Has anyone else been run over by a go-kart?
derby

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:30 AM »

He very well may know...... but everytime he opens up his empanada hole.... he sounds like an a spokesman for Team  Tourette's .  It's almost like CBS bought the rights to broadcast the races, then regreted it. There are no race listings on CBS's sports page, or even a mention of it anywhere. I cant imagine anybody listening to him last week, thinking.... great pick, lets do it again. Hell.... last week it amost looked like they picked him because he was the only person who would fit into the sportcoat. (nice t-shirt poking out from under it) The only changes made this week.... he and Kevin had matching shirts this time.

i'm not sure what the agreement is this year, but for the previous three years, dorna paid cbs sports to produce the show AND for the airtime. maybe this reflects dorna's impression of the average american viewing audience and "motogp for stoopies" is exactly what they asked for.

another point, if you ever frequent the wera board, and greg does, the masses are constantly critical of the shaheen/spencer team as being really boring. i think that's part of the reason for greg's "excitement".

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 09:43:01 AM »

i'm not sure what the agreement is this year, but for the previous three years, dorna paid cbs sports to produce the show AND for the airtime. maybe this reflects dorna's impression of the average american viewing audience and "motogp for stoopies" is exactly what they asked for.

another point, if you ever frequent the wera board, and greg does, the masses are constantly critical of the shaheen/spencer team as being really boring. i think that's part of the reason for greg's "excitement".

some of the GW comments on the WERA board are a hoot. I picture Greg creating mulitple login names to say nice things about himself. Gregs excitement comes across like an autistic 4 yearold at Kmart in the candy aisle.

Shaheen/Spencer are bland, but they are at least informative.

If dorna and cbs are gonna keep this up.... make it a two hour show.... and spend the first hour informing the uninformed, as to whats going on. For GW to switch from calling Rossi to Vali, without telling people "it's the same guy" just confuses people even more.

Imagine watching nascar for the first time..... it's visually exciting, and you hear the announcer say... "they wear helmets.... and suits .... and gloves. and there is a pedal on the left that is for the clutch"..... I'd turn that shit right off. I cant for the life of me believe GW was the only choice CBS had.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
gm2

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 09:48:31 AM »

for the record i think that shaheen is really not bad overall.  he at least comes across as a professional, even in the moments where his moto expertise is not quite up to par.  i'll take him over THEY WEAR LEATHER SUITS any day.

imo freddie has absolutely no excuse for his pronunciations.  i know he has an accent yadda yadda.. but he's also been in this sport for a looong time.  "shinya nakano" is just NOT that hard to say.  try, dude.  at least try.  it's as if he's never even seen these words before the moment he tries to say them.

Like this is the racing, no?
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »

I sent some, um, "expressive mail", to CBS, Speed, & MotoGP.   Evil

I looked for a "send us a message" section on CBS's website.

send me a linky, and I'll send  a note or two as well.

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:58 AM »

can someone explain why whoever broadcasts the GP in the states doesn't just use the commenting from the official GP website?

Because one guys Austrialian and the other is English.

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 11:46:36 AM »

Because one guys Austrialian and the other is English.

And, to be fair, those guys accents combined with rider names, makes things a lil hard to understand, for those who dont know the game.

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
sh

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 12:04:01 PM »

it was painful to hear him say dee-POON-eh over and over again.  *shudder*

2005 749 Dark
2004 Monster 620ie (sold)
1992 900 SS
FatguyRacer

The A-hole fomerly known as Blueshark928

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »

it was painful to hear him say dee-POON-eh over and over again.  *shudder*

How about the one guy who butched BRNO. I think he said BEE ARE NO. I watched the WSBK right after and the both them guys prononce it BREW NO

John Krawczyk
2002 Ducati ST4s (FIM chip, Arrow Carbys, Sargent seat, DP comfort fairing, Ducati Designs headlight, Toby steering dampener)
My Blog - The Chronicles of Fatguy Racer
derby

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »

How about the one guy who butched BRNO. I think he said BEE ARE NO. I watched the WSBK right after and the both them guys prononce it BREW NO

and yet, they're both wrong... "burn-oh" is correct.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:20 PM »

Imagine watching nascar for the first time..... it's visually exciting, and you hear the announcer say... "they wear helmets.... and suits .... and gloves. and there is a pedal on the left that is for the clutch"..... I'd turn that shit right off. I cant for the life of me believe GW was the only choice CBS had.

10 out 10 on the rant scale - bravo  waytogo

mitt

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: