Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:40:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greg White blackmail list..... who's on it?  (Read 6289 times)
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« on: July 20, 2008, 08:05:39 PM »

That tool must have one hell of a bag of dirt on somebody. Roll Eyes

"They wear leather suits..... and helmets.... and the leather suits, uh..... and they have plastic pucks on thier knees, uh..... etc etc.

Somebody at CBS actually said.... lets go with Greg  Shocked

Derby.... go fill out an application...PLEASE!

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:32:26 PM »

"They wear leather suits..... and helmets.... and the leather suits, uh..... and they have plastic pucks on thier knees, uh..... etc etc.

Well CBS is National Broadcast so A LOT of people dont have a clue about Road Racing...

I think Craig make it more exiting... anlike Spencer....

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »

I dunno about a blackmail list, I just see this as a new advertising campaign for motogp.com - "Live video and no Greg White, can you think of a better way to spend 60 bucks?"

FTR, I watched it on motogp.com so I have no idea how bad he was, but if I know Greg I'm sure it was plenty pitiful.
gm2

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 06:00:28 AM »

FTR, I watched it on motogp.com so I have no idea how bad he was, but if I know Greg I'm sure it was plenty pitiful.

i did both, one after the other.  he was painful.  really painful.  shoulda been announcing a tractor pull.

Like this is the racing, no?
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 06:27:40 AM »

Well CBS is National Broadcast so A LOT of people dont have a clue about Road Racing...

I think Craig make it more exiting... anlike Spencer....

Who is Craig?  Jenny?

Having a guy who has no clue, teach the clueless, aint gonna bring the nascar crowd over to the two wheeled darkside.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:44:25 AM »

Having a guy who has no clue, teach the clueless, aint gonna bring the nascar crowd over to the two wheeled darkside.

To be fair, Greg White DOES know what he's talking about.  He's raced for many years and still competes with current FX champion Josh Hayes on an endurance team.  He knows what he's saying, he just doesn't know how to say it.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 07:59:43 AM »

To be fair, Greg White DOES know what he's talking about.  He's raced for many years and still competes with current FX champion Josh Hayes on an endurance team.  He knows what he's saying, he just doesn't know how to say it.

He very well may know...... but everytime he opens up his empanada hole.... he sounds like an a spokesman for Team  Tourette's .  It's almost like CBS bought the rights to broadcast the races, then regreted it. There are no race listings on CBS's sports page, or even a mention of it anywhere. I cant imagine anybody listening to him last week, thinking.... great pick, lets do it again. Hell.... last week it amost looked like they picked him because he was the only person who would fit into the sportcoat. (nice t-shirt poking out from under it) The only changes made this week.... he and Kevin had matching shirts this time.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 08:26:29 AM by bobspapa » Logged

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
COWBOY

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 08:24:43 AM »

too bad that can't coordinate while broadcasting.  they sounded like they were playing a bad game of verbal catch.

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
gm2

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »

true.  and undoubtedly someone, somewhere with a bigger title than his told him to say, "those are leather suits.."

but i've said it before: that is unquestionably a really hard job.  i definitely couldn't do it and for the most part i know what i'm talking about.  problem is, greg can't do it either.

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:33:22 AM »

I worked for ESPN/NBC doing the senior skins game once. I worked on a roaving camera crew. They/we all had headphones on and there is a ton of chatter going on that does not get broadcasted. Maybe Greg was just repeating what the voices in the headphones were telling him to say.

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
gm2

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »

yep.. you have to stand there, be intelligent and clever and aware and engaging.. all while 10 other people are talking in your ear, about stuff you do and don't need to pay attention to.  it's a *really* hard job.

but that doesn't mean those that suck at it should somehow be given then job anyway.  =)

Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 08:44:28 AM »

yep.. you have to stand there, be intelligent and clever and aware and engaging.. all while 10 other people are talking in your ear, about stuff you do and don't need to pay attention to.  it's a *really* hard job.

but that doesn't mean those that suck at it should somehow be given then job anyway.  =)

get Vin Scully...he's the master Grin

So I went solo.  -Me

-Marcus Luttrell
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 09:00:47 AM »

i actually couldn't hear greg white over our own screaming and yelling  laughingdp
but what i did hear, it was no worse than the last race, and it was live
mikeb
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:48 AM »

Kevin and Greg are the new Cotton Mcknight and Pepper Brooks.....

Cotton McKnight: I'm being told that Average Joe's does not have enough players and will be forfeiting the championship match.

Pepper Brooks: It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 09:10:22 AM »

can someone explain why whoever broadcasts the GP in the states doesn't just use the commenting from the official GP website?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: