Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:09:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati for sale again?  (Read 14846 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 07:04:26 PM »

True, true. What is the reason the guys with all the extra Monopoly money are letting Ducati go?

I think it was a panic decision.  After the diesel scandal hit, VW was expected to tank hard especially after paying out the billions in the lawsuits.  So far, the damage has been controlled. 

I would not be surprised if VW decides not to sell after all.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 08:38:59 PM »

I think they're fishing for a sucker to overpay.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 04:51:21 AM »

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:09 AM »

vomit  laughingdp

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2017, 11:07:13 AM »

I think they're fishing for a sucker to overpay.
The numbers I've heard sound like more blue sky than the deal warrants already. Undecided

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »

There's plenty of riders here that own both. I also know a lot of Ducati owners that are tools as well.

You raaaaaaang?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »

laughingdp

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2017, 03:09:30 PM »

laughingdp

The GLW said that is a comfortable looking Ducati. Grin

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2017, 03:14:41 PM »

From the numbers, it seems the only folk that can afford the asking price dont give a shit about bikes. Looks like it would be a stretch for HD. I would trust HD with the marque more than some of the others.
Castigionis need to make a comeback. Undecided

2015 Scrambler 800
muskrat

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »

I own both brands and value them both for different reasons.  IMO HD has a marque brand that remains intact despite the aging-out everyone talks about but instead have found plenty of 30 year old plus riders in my travels and at the dealerships.  If HD does buy them I hope they leave Ducati alone to do as they see fit to further the brand image, quality and so on.  My electra glide is a big fat pig and even so it's enjoyable although I do not ride with any "Harley" clubs but rather two  to three of my friends (groups kept complaining about my riding to fast  laughingdp)  My Multi is a beast and serves my purpose perfectly when I want to ride fast and tight.  I for one don't give a shit who buys Ducati, if rumors are true, just leave the brand and design alone.  Oh and lastly I qualify as one of those "assholes" no matter which bike I'm riding.  Dolph

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Kirigakure

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2017, 06:06:45 PM »

2013 M1100 Evo 20th Anniversary #93/200
2013 Multistrada S Touring
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »

I own both brands and value them both for different reasons.  IMO HD has a marque brand that remains intact despite the aging-out everyone talks about but instead have found plenty of 30 year old plus riders in my travels and at the dealerships.  If HD does buy them I hope they leave Ducati alone to do as they see fit to further the brand image, quality and so on.  My electra glide is a big fat pig and even so it's enjoyable although I do not ride with any "Harley" clubs but rather two  to three of my friends (groups kept complaining about my riding to fast  laughingdp)  My Multi is a beast and serves my purpose perfectly when I want to ride fast and tight.  I for one don't give a shit who buys Ducati, if rumors are true, just leave the brand and design alone.  Oh and lastly I qualify as one of those "assholes" no matter which bike I'm riding.  Dolph

You nailed it, well, maybe not your evaluation of yourself.
muskrat

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2017, 06:31:42 AM »

Sorry Howie but my Wife stands by the "asshole" commentary and regularly.  Grin

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »

laughingdp

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up