Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:20:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bishop's, Sunday 7/27?  (Read 4175 times)
Bick
Post Whore

« on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:16 AM »

Anyone want to join the MHM crew on Sunday?

Yes, Brew, I will really make it this time!  Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:03:21 AM »

Yea, i would like to go on this ride!

Anyone ever been on the road HWY 98 out of florisant? I was looking at the map and saw the route of HWY 98 out of florisant, then hit hwy 59 below 11 mile , then hwy 59 connects with hwy 9, and hwy 9 takes you to parksdale, then  Hwy 50 to 67 and into Bishops???

Any thoughts or ideas on those roads???
Heffay

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:07:17 AM »

would love to but 2 things hold me back...
just a real fast kawi and a vintage honda... no duc  Cry  Grin

the other is the real reason... i'll be rocking w/ the CRUE @ fiddler's green.   Evil Cool Evil

1973 cb350f cafe, 1975/77 cb400f race project,
1992 zx7r
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »

I may be interested, I''l have to see how my studying is proceding, I have a test Monday.....

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 04:40:32 AM »

We've got a plan now -

We will be be leaving Morrison at 8:15, which will put us in Deckers @ 9:00 - 9:15, if anyone would like to meet us there.

We will gas in Woodland Park, and can meet at WP (forgive me) Starbucks @ 10:00.

Thinking 24 west, then down 9. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:01:50 AM by Bick » Logged

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »

GAWD DAMNIT!!!!!  I HATE WORKING SUNDAYS!!!!!!  AND I STILL CANT GET TIRES PUT ON, NOT FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS!!!!!   C'MON TIRES FOLKS, I KNOW YOU CAN GET ME IN QUICK IN BETWEEN ALL THOSE GAWD DAMN BEEMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I MIGHT SAY F#%$ WORK FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!  DAMNIT BICK WHY SUNDAY?Huh??  i CAN TOTALLY DO SATURDAY!!!!

BREW

AKA dan

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »

GAWD DAMNIT!!!!!  I HATE WORKING SUNDAYS!!!!!!  AND I STILL CANT GET TIRES PUT ON, NOT FOR ANOTHER 2 WEEKS!!!!!   C'MON TIRES FOLKS, I KNOW YOU CAN GET ME IN QUICK IN BETWEEN ALL THOSE GAWD DAMN BEEMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I MIGHT SAY F#%$ WORK FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!  DAMNIT BICK WHY SUNDAY?Huh??  i CAN TOTALLY DO SATURDAY!!!!

BREW

AKA dan

Inside voice, Brew.  Grin

We'll figure out something.

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 11:52:24 AM »

are you thinking 24w to hartsel , 9s to parkdale , 50w to texas creek , 69s to westcliffe , 96 to mackenzie junc. ,165 to bishops . from there to I 25 and north ?.....   other routes ??    looking forward to the ride !!

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 01:40:46 PM »

are you thinking 24w to hartsel , 9s to parkdale , 50w to texas creek , 69s to westcliffe , 96 to mackenzie junc. ,165 to bishops . from there to I 25 and north ?.....   other routes ??    looking forward to the ride !!

Yes, something like that for the to- part.

From- will be by group decision upon departure, pending weather, fatigue, hunger, etc. etc. etc., but my opinion is to avoid I 25 as much as possible.

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 02:40:50 PM »

agree to avoid the I25 nightmare , any SCD members meeting in springs before WP meet at 10:00 ?

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »

Can't wait to hopefully meet and/or see some of you guys again tomorrow!

waytogo

cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 05:12:48 AM »

any of the crew in the Springs meeting up before heading to the mountains?Huh?

with that said,  I am not sure I am going on this ride....but just in case, it would be nice to know where?
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 03:13:56 PM »

Well, we (me, Bick and KRJ) only made it to Canon City.  Cry

The clutch on my 999S was slipping quite a bit for some reason, so we tore it down in KRJ's garage (thanks again!  waytogo ), but couldn't find anything wrong with it.

We grabbed some messican food and headed back north.

Even though we didn't make the destination, it was a good ride.

- RM

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 04:13:36 PM »

Great day. (aside from Randimus' clutch issue - glad you made it home without further issue.)

KRJ, it was great meeting you, and I look forward to riding with you again soon.

Heffay

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 12:52:05 PM »

randimus... i'd say change the oil, but...  Wink Grin

1973 cb350f cafe, 1975/77 cb400f race project,
1992 zx7r
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: