Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 12:00:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey paso87:  (Read 904 times)
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« on: April 12, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »

If you own a Paso with 16” wheels and could measure something for me, let me know.  I think the 16x5 rear wheel from a 750 or 906 could be a good fit for a project I’m working on.

Thanks!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
paso87

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 05:03:57 PM »

Duck Stew,

Yes I do have own a 87 Paso. I actually own a 87 and an 88.  I modified the 87 with the rear swingarm and wheel assembly off a 907 which means I run a 17 inch rear and a 16 inch front.

On the 88 I plan on putting the wheels off a 900SS CR which are 17 front and back with the stock Paso swingarm and front forks. I believe the 900SS CR is the bike I got the wheels off of. I had them powder coated black.  I do need to have a new brake plate made to work with the smaller disk fitted to the 17" rear.  I purchased some brake adapter plates and calipers to mount to the front forks but this is a work in progress and not at the top of my list. The SS wheels have huge rotors in front and a small one in back the Paso had equal size rotors front and back. The stock Paso front rotors are smaller than the SS but the rear is bigger than the SS.

Duck Stew if you have not seen the Paso Org site here is the link for everything Paso related
http://www.ducatipaso.org/

I have the 87 here in Colorado and the 88 is in storage in NM. I am not sure what measurement you need but if you need one from the 88, I will have to get back to you. I know the 906 had the same 16 inch wheels as the 87.  The 907 of course had 17s front and back. One more thing if you need tires for a 87 or 88 Paso or a 750 Sport or a 907 Shinko sells the original size tires for a very nice price.  I doubt they are any where close to the quality of the original Pirellis and the Michelins but you can at least ride these wonderful bikes. I know these are not well thought of bikes but I really enjoy being a Paso owner.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 05:49:24 PM »

Ducatipaso.org. A great community similar to ours.

Where the Pasoists worship Grin

2015 Scrambler 800
paso87

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 06:21:16 PM »

Duck Stew,

I believe somewhere in the Paso site is an article on how a person put 17 inch wheels on his Paso with 17 inch wheels.  Let me just say that if you want to swap a 17 inch wheel off of a 907 you have to swap everything i.e. wheel, axle, swingarm, brake plate, rotor and caliper. You will also have to run a 907 sprocket and spacers. The shock fits just fine.

The article for the 17 inch swap for the 87 and retaining the stock swingarm and front forks tells you how to do the swap. A SS CR set of wheels are narrower in the rear than a 907 rear wheel. 907 rear wheel  will not fit in a stock Paso swingarm.  The SS CR rear will. The 907 axle is also thicker. The article does not tell you how to make the brake caliper mount.  I actually purchased one or two Paso brake caliper mounts and was going to have one of them cut and shortened and welded to work with the SS CR rotor.  I have not done that. I also thought about having one made out of billet aluminum but don't have CAD capability that could draw one up and take to a company that can do it.

Keep an eye out on Guzzi Tech. He has had one or two 907s that he parted out.

Duck Stew I also believe the only Ducati with 16.5 inch wheels was the Desmosedici.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 07:08:38 PM »

Ok, wow.

I just need the length dimension of one of the three legs which make up the isosceles triangle in the center (plus a bit).  I’m wanting to determine the ID of the center portion of the wheel.

I looked on ducatipaso.org site, but given that this is a highly uncommon dimension I’m after...

No luck.  Thanks everyone for chiming in.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: