Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:43:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2r removed airbox, now what...  (Read 4003 times)
Alexaskmo

« on: July 24, 2020, 01:58:18 AM »

So I got two pod filters from k&n, got the crankcase air filter... now I’m wondering what I do with a certain hose. As far as I can tell it went from the airbox to the stepper motor. If there is no airbox, what do I do with the hose?

Best,
Alex
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 04:29:29 AM »

It needs its own filter. Done a couple of 1100s with the stepper, you want to keep it clean or it'll get erratic in operation. You need a filter with its own male fitting or a connector piece for a "female" filter.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:35:23 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Alexaskmo

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 05:18:04 AM »

It needs its own filter. Done a couple of 1100s with the stepper, you want to keep it clean or it'll get erratic in operation. You need a filter with its own male fitting or a connector piece for a "female" filter.

Thanks for the reply! And the filter goes directly on the stepper? You wouldnt happen to have a part number for the filter you used, if not for fit just for reference... and maybe a picture? Smiley

/alex
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 11:23:39 AM »

There is a second hose that needs a filter. I used a generic K&N filter I received in a kit. TPO have a kit as do Corse Dynamics. Try our local sponsors. You can measure the hose and get some connector tube, clamps and filter from your llocal auto store.  Spending some money with a local sponsor could help them out.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:34:17 PM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:41:15 PM »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://motowheels.com/i-7788067-corse-dynamics-high-performance-intake-kit-sport-classic-hypermotard.html&ved=2ahUKEwiqxPaD7ObqAhUQyzgGHZfSDYIQFjABegQIBxAI&usg=AOvVaw3Ast2R4yJpT3AqIzPr9C39

Should direct you to the breather/stepper filters.

Have you installed velocity stacks in the main air filters or just clamped them to the throttle bodies? What tuning do you have in place for these significant intake mods?  PCV, Rexxer reflash, Bazzaz, etc. Any dyno time planned?

2015 Scrambler 800
Alexaskmo

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://motowheels.com/i-7788067-corse-dynamics-high-performance-intake-kit-sport-classic-hypermotard.html&ved=2ahUKEwiqxPaD7ObqAhUQyzgGHZfSDYIQFjABegQIBxAI&usg=AOvVaw3Ast2R4yJpT3AqIzPr9C39

Should direct you to the breather/stepper filters.

Have you installed velocity stacks in the main air filters or just clamped them to the throttle bodies? What tuning do you have in place for these significant intake mods?  PCV, Rexxer reflash, Bazzaz, etc. Any dyno time planned?

Hey!

Very good question you ask and I thought I would figure it out on my own since so many other have asked and written about it but since you ask.... Smiley Smiley

As for the velocity stacks, don’t understand what they do apart from smoother air delivery. As I understand it its just the icing on the cake and not a necessity?

There is no rexxer shop in Sweden, the closest is in Denmark. I can’t find anyone who dynos Ducatis here which makes no sense to me. So I’m thinking of going to Denmark with the bike, a 7 hour ride to get it dynoed at the rexxer shop there.

I was originally thinking of just sending the ecu to Germany and describing my setup and hope for something close enough. I mean, with age comes the insight that I will NEVER come close to realizing my bikes full potential, nor even feeling that last 10%difference. I’m happy as long as it’s not jerky, fun to ride and reliable. Smiley

What are your thoughts, tips?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 06:40:56 PM by Alexaskmo » Logged
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 08:54:08 PM »

I doubt there's any performance advantage to pod filters unless they are large and have good velocity stacks inside them. The AFR is impacted considerably by major intake mods. Stock ecu at present?

2015 Scrambler 800
Alexaskmo

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 08:57:20 PM »

I doubt there's any performance advantage to pod filters unless they are large and have good velocity stacks inside them. The AFR is impacted considerably by major intake mods. Stock ecu at present?

I had the performance ECU on but just switched to stock since I’m planning on remapping it. As far as I understand it the only difference between stock and performance is the map?

I really appreciate you taking the time to help out!
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 12:00:21 AM »

DP ECU will give you more margin until you reach your dyno. I understand it is worth more to sell. Are you selling it with the air box kit? An open air box and DP ECU with a tune would give good performance. I only use pods if they're very large with well designed velocity stacks to replace a bad air box design. Kamna make velocity stacks for air boxes iirc.

The only time I've used smaller pods is to ease maintenance for carbed bikes.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:09:02 AM by koko64 » Logged

2015 Scrambler 800
Alexaskmo

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 12:06:03 AM »

DP ECU will give you more margin until you reach your dyno. I understand it is worth more to sell. Are you selling it with the air box kit? An open air box and DP ECU with a tune would give good performance. I only use pods if they're very large with well designed velocity stacks to replace a bad air box design.

Yea I was actually thinking of doing that, selling dp ecu with open box and k&n filter. I’m planning on driving with the dp ecu then switching it there when time to dyno Smiley I want the immo killed so I can retire with the m-unit as well and get my own dash. It’s more of a cafe build for myself than performance. I don’t feel I know enough quite yet to start tinkering with the engine, which is the next step in performance after the airbox Wink
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 05:05:14 AM »

As a minor addition to this thread, and unrelated to your airflow questions:  The DP ecu alters the ignition map to work with the entire system.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Alexaskmo

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 06:08:39 AM »

As a minor addition to this thread, and unrelated to your airflow questions:  The DP ecu alters the ignition map to work with the entire system.

I’m not sure I follow. What’s the difference between that and a remapped stock ecu? Explain it as if I were three years old Smiley
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 07:52:53 AM »

I’m not sure I follow. What’s the difference between that and a remapped stock ecu? Explain it as if I were three years old Smiley
Pretty sure what Stew is saying is that not all dyno tuners have the ability through the software, or the knowledge, to adjust the ignition map to optimize the fuel adjustments.

The DP ecu has the ignition already adjusted, so any fuel adjustments the tuner makes are optimized.

He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Alexaskmo

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 09:55:04 AM »

Pretty sure what Stew is saying is that not all dyno tuners have the ability through the software, or the knowledge, to adjust the ignition map to optimize the fuel adjustments.

Im sure you’re right as no one in Sweden that I know of has dyno of dukes as a service. Sucks as I’m probably gonna have to go to Denmark for it :/
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 11:11:26 AM »

The DP ecu has the ignition already adjusted, so any fuel adjustments the tuner makes are optimized.

He'll correct me if I'm wrong.

You’re right.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: