Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:13:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello future Monster owner  (Read 1866 times)
rrockk2000

« on: November 29, 2020, 07:45:24 PM »

Hello,
Thank you for the forum access. I'm Rob for Utah; tomorrow I do believe I am buying a 2011 Monster 1200.  Since I am paid once a month, I  have to make sure I have funds to last
I have been riding RD400's most of my life. Had a GS 1000 for a bit.  But for the past few years I have been wanting a Hypermotard 796 or Monster for some time. Then had been one  in the lot for months. I just never knew what it was as I was drove by; as it was amongst other bikes for sale.
Long story short I had been looking for a Hypermotard as there are many trails  to ride in the mountains. My car could only get part way, due to the ruts and rock.
Then I came across this 2011 1200s.   
Drove down there looked over it for a bit, started it,  and wow, just wow! No I didn't ride it, I had to do a little research on the bike. Learned immediately how to put it in urban mode, ha! . So glad the roads here  are excellent, there's not much traffic, and plenty of back roads. I can learn to control and ride it. One day maybe get into sport mode. But for now I enjoy the ride .
So much different than the 2 strokes I am used to.
Yeah I know it's not a beginner bike; i feel like it with this thing; yes its almost double the HP's I am used to, but I am not one to push it anymore; been there done that. A little older and wiser now.
I  like the look, I like the feel, and hopefully we will grow to respect one another, lol!   
Thanks again for access very much appreciate it Smiley
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 02:45:55 AM »

Welcome Rob chug

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: