Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 05:23:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baffles for Motocreations Boomtubes  (Read 7288 times)
thump

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2022, 01:08:09 PM »

Addendum - it was a long crappy winter.

I sent the ECU out to HSBK, who flashed it to DP specs, got it back real fast despite crossing the border.

Engine runs well in the garage, idles smooth, smells a bit rich as expected, now for the TPS reset and ARRRGGH - the local shop who said he can do it now tells me he uses TuneECU, which is only for 5AM's, not my old 59M. Which means I need to wait in line for a month or so for the Ducati dealer and their DDS....

(gonna ride it anyway in the meantime)

My toolbox is full of hammers. Because the world is full of nails.

2003 M800 dark
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2022, 05:31:50 PM »

waytogo
Let us know after the fine tune.

2015 Scrambler 800
thump

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 06:13:55 AM »

Update: Got the TPS reset at the last second as I was heading out of town for a 2K km tour of northern Ontario.

First thing's first - anyone in riding distance I highly recommend the Algoma loop, Sudbury- Sault St Marie-Wawa-Chapleau, then south on the 129 (tail of the dragon north), Manitoulin Island, ferry to Tobermory. All grand views and big sweeping curves of the Canadian Shield and the Great Lakes. Best riding I've done outside of proper mountains.

The bike ran beautifully - most of the route was done in 4th and 5th gear, lots of elevation changes, no issues with cruising low rpm stuttering like before. In town the improved response in 2nd around corners was very noticeable.

Pulled the plugs at home - tanned and pretty like in the textbook. Bonus - the soot fouling from exhaust reversion is gone with the straight pipes, shoulda pulled those baffles long ago. They probably made a 3dB change at most, so they were basically a charade for traffic cops.

In short, all success no regrets. Thanks fellas for pointing me in this direction.

My toolbox is full of hammers. Because the world is full of nails.

2003 M800 dark
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2022, 08:00:00 AM »

Cool waytogo

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2022, 09:15:32 PM »

waytogo good outcome.
That route sounds great. Any pics?

2015 Scrambler 800