Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 05:09:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP summarized?  (Read 1219 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« on: April 11, 2022, 07:47:35 PM »

Hey all,

I regularly followed MotoGP in the 2012-2016 range but then went on a very very long vacation and had no access to tv, streaming, etc.  Now I'm living suburban life in a frozen corner of the USA and just got MotoGP access again.

I saw the standings and Aprilia, KTM, Suzuki, are near the top and Yamaha and Honda are down the list.  Good to see the Ducs up there too.  I only recognize 1/3 of the names of the leaders.

So...

Anything important to know from the last 5-or-so years?  Rules more-or-less the same?  Any backstory or personalities to care about?

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 02:16:04 AM »

Rules basically the same. The other manus just voted to disallow front ride height manipulation other than at the start.

Marc has had a really rough couple of years, but seems to be coming back on the brand new Honda.

KTM is in trouble...again.

The names you don't recognize were the kids riding moto3 when you weren't paying attention to it. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 07:36:13 AM »

waytogo Thanks, DP.

I was expecting Marc to have surpassed Rossi in career championships at the rate he was dominating, so it was a (tiny) surprise he hadn't.   Still time, though.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 10:16:35 AM »

As always - Ducati bosses know best and will treat their riders poorly. On the plus side is that their bike is now almost possible to turn well. Took them 20 years  bang head

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 01:10:24 PM »

As always - Ducati bosses know best and will treat their riders poorly. On the plus side is that their bike is now almost possible to turn well. Took them 20 years  bang head
The only one they're treating poorly right now is Jack, IMO, and only because they can't decide who's going to ride the red bike. All the other riders, except maybe Zarco, will have a ride next year, I think. What they need to do is give them all the latest greatest toys with factory support guys. When asked, Jack said he doesn't care where he rides as long as he can live his dream. I think Ducati would be short sighted to let him go.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 03:03:15 PM »

I honestly think Jack will go better with Pramac. Less testing new stuff and more focus on creating a non Latin/Euro bike set up (there I said it). He's a kid that will do better in a small, country school.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 05:36:45 PM »

5 Ducati’s led the start of the race at COTA on Sunday. 2 finished on the podium. 1st-3rd. Enea “The Beast” has won twice this season.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: