Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:39:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S4R 998 2008 TuneEcu map advice  (Read 1807 times)
HanaAna

« on: April 22, 2022, 10:32:11 AM »

Have S4r -08 with full Arrow exhaust with dB killers on and KN air filter. With standard map. Obviously lean at least on lower revs. Found quite a few maps to start with from tuneecu site, but with not so much info... Anyone here can help?

2235B35LEPI.hex OEM               md5checksum   Monster S4R 998
2235LE01.hex OEM                    md5checksum   Monster S4R 998
2234SE01.hex OEM                    md5checksum   Monster S4RS 998  Ducati Performance
2232B32LEPA.hex OEM             md5checksum   Monster S4RS 998
2235LE02.hex OEM                    md5checksum   Monster S4RS 998
2235SE01.hex OEM                    md5checksum   Monster S4RS 998   Ducati Performance Slip On Exhaust

Or just try to disable lambda? Snow is gone so it's good time to start. Newly acquired and only 14K km on it, beautifull bike!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:32:03 AM by HanaAna » Logged
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 11:08:34 AM »

What?  Not even "Hello" first?

https://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?board=14.0

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »

All those mentioned are for 'testastretta' 'deep sump' 998(close to 999?) engines.

Is your bike a 998?

There are many variables you don't know about. The bike should be serviced with all the basic stuff 100% first. Then, an experienced tuner with a Dyno (have one within reach?) will transform the bike MUCH better than most downloads will. Especially in the closed loop range (mid and low revs) it's rare to be succesful.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
HanaAna

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 11:31:01 AM »

Off course your right, I'm even more embarrassed... because this bike is my wife's. I sincerely apologize. But being a Finn and an engineer bang head
I've got a Norton with self made MicroSquirt EFI and she's got S4r which is sooo much superior to mine... kill me  Roll Eyes Cool

HanaAna

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 11:39:03 AM »

All those mentioned are for 'testastretta' 'deep sump' 998(close to 999?) engines.

Is your bike a 998?

There are many variables you don't know about. The bike should be serviced with all the basic stuff 100% first. Then, an experienced tuner with a Dyno (have one within reach?) will transform the bike MUCH better than most downloads will. Especially in the closed loop range (mid and low revs) it's rare to be succesful.

Yes it's 998. I just did timing belt change and checked valve clearances. It's got very low mileage. I worked couple of summers in a Ducati servicing company so I'm familiar with the basic stuff. I while ago I did a similar thing with Triumph SpeedTriple and updated std map to modified one after changing aftermarket exhaust and KN air filter... and it actually needed no further adjustment... But naturally the way you suggested is the correct one.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 11:47:55 AM »

Very few are capable, so it's a surprise when a 'noob' comes along - knowing stuff and being able to do the correct work - correctly.

Welcome  waytogo

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
HanaAna

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 12:02:33 PM »

Very few are capable, so it's a surprise when a 'noob' comes along - knowing stuff and being able to do the correct work - correctly.

Welcome  waytogo

Thanks!
Mods on this particular bike are pretty mild, so I'm thinking that disabling lambda is the place to start. Because I haven't found means to alter the AFR target with lower revs within TuneEcu yet... It's so much easier with Tunerstudio which I'm using to tune my MicroSquirt controlled older brit bikes...
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 12:50:18 PM »

I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

You said you checked valve clearances, and I'm assuming they were 'in spec'. One thing most Duc techs will tell you is that Ducati relaxed valve specs to lower maintenance costs. Before you spend money on dyno tuning/mapping get your clearances as close to the minimum as possible. Your wife's bike will thank you.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

HanaAna

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 01:03:18 PM »

I'll throw in my 2 cents here.

You said you checked valve clearances, and I'm assuming they were 'in spec'. One thing most Duc techs will tell you is that Ducati relaxed valve specs to lower maintenance costs. Before you spend money on dyno tuning/mapping get your clearances as close to the minimum as possible. Your wife's bike will thank you.

Yep it's true that Ducati did widen the "OK tolerance" with valve clearance. But these were really ok. The bike has only 14K km on it. Btw her previous bike was M750 for over 15yrs and I was sooo prepared to take off the heads to adjust the clearances but never had to do that. I reckon that before the valve plates(or whatever their called...) start to give up, clearances or within reasonable range?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 01:27:36 PM »

Define...'OK'.

I'm not saying you need to struggle with perfection on every valve check although you would feel a difference, but if you're tuning, get everything perfect before spending time/money.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: