Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 03:46:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alps and Italy 2022  (Read 1524 times)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« on: July 31, 2022, 03:30:38 AM »

Ferry Oslo-Kiel, through Germany, a day in Schwarzwald (google BW500), the passes around Swiss Andermatt, Italian medieval town Glorenza, Stelvio+Gavia+Tonale to Tenno above lake Garda, local backroads to monte Bondone, Bologna, Castel del Rio including Futa+Giogo+Raticosa passes, Cortina and the train from Innsbruck to Hamburg on  the way home.

South German town, in koo koo clock manufacturer area Schwarzwald. Can't remember the name

The big Swiss lakes. Fantastic old school roads. Weird that the swiss never went into car production...

Andermatt from the developing side. Old town in the background

On the Gottard pass. Huge defence constructions in the mountain sides here. Never used

Albula pass

Glorenza

Stelvio

Tonale

Monte Bondone from sea level to 1,700 meters above in a few miles. 34 to 20 degreees. Nice! Including the village "Norge" ...

Gelato break in Riva del Garda

Bologna/Firenze hills - close to Castel del Rio

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 04:46:05 AM »

Another fabulous looking trip Lars  waytogo  Enjoy every bit of it and ride safe  Dolph

My own thought-about WDW trip for this year had to be nixxed .... but as consolation.... along with a mate from Aus... we'll be making our own Alpine and Italy road trip in a couple of weeks.  After injury and covid.... I'm seriously looking forward to it.... even tho we'll travel on 4 wheels rather than 2.

Keep the pictures coming...

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Charlie98
Marveling at my

McKinney, TX

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 06:43:13 AM »

Nice!

We were in northern Italy in 2015 (for a TaeKwon-Do championship...) and I was astounded at all of the motorcycle roads.  We actually went to Lake Garda one day as well... only on the southern side, where the castle ruins are.  Driving along in our little rented Fiat Punto I wished so many times it was a motorcycle... not a car.

I was also amazed at the variety of motorcycles I saw, including Harleys, and some vintage Hondas and such.

Dennis

2013 M796 ABS
1993 XR650L (the Torque-a-Saurus)

Wherever you go, there you are...
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 04:48:17 AM »

Thanks for sharing your adventure. chug

2015 Scrambler 800
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: