Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 03:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rush; Grand Prix Movie  (Read 2033 times)
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« on: December 17, 2022, 10:07:08 AM »

Watched Rush last night; awesome! Anyone else seen it? Thought I should recommend it and share the fun of that movie and the personnel look into formula one drivers; much fun since I may have actually seen Hunt and Lauda at the Mosport speedway when I was 8-12 yrs old; used to go to the track to watch with my father; I can still hear the engines roaring at the start of the race and the smell of high octane fuel and hearing Jackie Stuart commentating. As an aside Mike Hailwood, won the 500 m-bike grand prix at Mosport. Dolph
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 04:47:07 PM by DuciD03 » Logged

.... all the world is yours.
Mhanis

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 07:41:43 AM »

I saw it at the theater when it came out. My reaction then was "Meh". It wasn't a total waste of my time, but it didn't do much for me.

I remember one scene in particular when Lauda came into a team and was complaining that the car was too heavy. He said something like: "You have all of that titanium in the corner doing nothing, why don't you make the exhaust out of that?" (Paraphrasing)

And they all smacked their foreheads like "why didn't we think of utilizing all of that titanium that is sitting there, doing absolutely nothing".

I rolled my eyes.

Mark

I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat.

Pete Townshend

2009 M1100 68,000+ miles- and climbing
2015 Suzuki TU250X 13,000+ miles
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »

I prefer the documentary.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
DuciD03
.... when did that happen...?

BTW: thats a bad pic of Bono, not me .... ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 04:51:12 PM »

....everyones entitled to there own opinion . (... but yer like Russian judges at the Olympics ...  Grin)

I liked it for its entertainment value and how they built the story around the rivalry; the revving  engines at the start were loud like I remember them.

kopfjäger ... thanks for the Youtube post I'll have to watch that when I have a spare 45 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 09:48:29 PM by DuciD03 » Logged

.... all the world is yours.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 04:54:24 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 04:56:07 PM »

bdfinally

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 03:43:37 PM »

I always liked this moment with those guys

The tyranny of the rat race is not yet final...HST
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: