Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

January 31, 2023, 03:01:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati 1000 DS build  (Read 1116 times)
greenmonster

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 06:36:22 AM »

.Who knows if this will kill any performance?

This Forum knows, do a search.
May look slim but looses power.

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
buzzer

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 02:05:07 AM »

Interesting.... hopefully this design will work better than the Ex-box... people complain about the tuning difficulties and performance and sound.

I hope you can make a video, side by side, one with two large (carbon) cans and this new bike  Cool

that's right..  the bike came with an EX box system, it sounded terrible, and was extreamly heavy...  I don't know about performance

Apart from a polish the exhaust is welded up and finished. I didn’t want to have distortion and burn through when attaching the baffles, so for these I used TIG braze which worked quite well.

The slip joints are held together with springs and to hold these I needed to make some spring hoops. These are actual quite difficult to make to get the bend just right and to a consistent shape. I made a little jig to make these.

diamonddog-2

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2023, 09:58:20 AM »

So freaking interesting. Thank you for sharing.  More please!

popcorn

2001 M900S   2002 Aero 1100   2012 1100 EVO
"WTF!??"
buzzer

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2023, 04:17:16 AM »

So freaking interesting. Thank you for sharing.  More please!

popcorn

There will be more, but this is my last post for a while, no bike related stuff for a month while we get some sun!

here is everything to go to be powder coated. The swinging arm will be just blasted though as I will be polishing that. In some ways it was a shame to strip the wheels as they were perfect, but black, and I want silver. The powder coater insists they are stripped of the powder coat before I send them, as its so difficult for him to blast it off… in the past I have used industrial paint stripper but its expensive, and a terrible job to do. This time I took them to a local car wheel refurbishes and they put then in their stripping tank for a couple of hours.. they came out fantastic, the pain literally fell of! I left the disks on and they came out without any paint on as well. I will be taking my engine cases in next!

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2023, 04:41:32 AM »

There will be more, but this is my last post for a while, no bike related stuff for a month while we get some sun!

I dare you  Cool

230,000 km/fifteen years - loving it
buzzer

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2023, 08:26:29 AM »

I dare you  Cool

she has told me I had better not even think about bikes while we are away  laughingdp
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: