Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 monster 1000 ecu  (Read 2757 times)
Goldstar

« on: January 08, 2023, 09:30:17 AM »

Need advise!
I have a 2004 monster 1000sei with 6k miles, mint condition. I was told it has a Ferraci big bore kit, has a Power Commander, and Leo Vince exhaust. Ran perfect for years until 1 cylinder cut out, determined it was the ecu so I got a replacement from Rexxer. Here’s where the problem(s) begin. While both cylinders now fire, it now pops during deceleration and doesn’t run as well as before. Here’s what Rexxer suggests:
“Decel pop is caused by either lean lowspeed circuit, exhaust pipe slip joint leak, vacuum leak(same as lean), charcoal canister vacuum line is not plugged. I would suggest a TPS reset on the bike and having the trimmer set which is unlocked in your mapping. Trimmer is the ability to adjust the low speed mixture. Only do this if any of the other items on the list are correct. ”

When told I was having trouble finding a dealer who could do this, they responded:

“Uh that’s weird. Any Ducati dealer has the service tool to set trimmer. It’s part of every fuel injection service. Like literally every service. TPS reset and trimmer. They are adjustable because you preform this after a service, every service. ”

And yet no dealer I contacted has the software or ability to do this. Any ideas where I go from here? Can I buy the software and do it myself?  This is frustrating as hell…
Goldstar

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 03:39:36 PM »

Allow me to simplify, does anybody know where or how to set the TPS, and make adjustments to an ecu for my 2004 1000s?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 03:50:44 PM »

You'll find this info somewhere in "Tech". Maybe it's not easy to find, maybe it's fragmented, but it's possible to find. People have discussed DIY diagnostic software and cables. There are several ECU editions, but from what Rexxer told you, I assume your ECU is among those with easily adjustable trim. Strange that dealers turn down such an easy job....

Further details can be found (spend time!) on Australian guru Brad Black's BikeBoy site. 

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Goldstar

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 04:33:58 PM »

Thanks for the reply. In most cases, my bike is being turned down for being too old. Really makes me mad…
Does anybody know if DucPond in Winchester, Va. is still open? There phone is inoperative.
Thanks again,
Peter
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 11:23:25 PM »

Click HOME (to reach all our boards) and then search ducpond.

Shame on dealers who choose to refuse a customer and turn down a very easy job. If they didn't delete the software and throw away the cables, and why would they, this is one of the easiest diagnostic jobs.

Orange16

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 03:25:52 AM »

He's right.  This is incredibly basic stuff.

Download the IAWDiag software from the GuzziDiag site. 

Buy the cable to suit from Lonelec.

It's either a 59M or 5AM ECU, and has a PF1C TPS.  2004 should have 59M I would think.

What I would do is make sure the file in your original ECU is the same as the file in the replacement ECU.  This becomes important as it has a PC fitted.  If the base file the PC is manipulating is different, then the result is different.

You could read the file from your original ECU and flash that into the replacement, assuming they're both 59M or 5AM.  You'll probably need to disable the immo for it to work in the replacement ECU, unless that ECU has been virginized.  Might have been an idea to send your original ECU to the Rexxer people and have them replicate that.

Once the files are the same, I would do a TPS reset then set the trimmer to the same value in the replacement ECU as it was in the original ECU.  This should give the same overall result fuelling wise.

Goldstar

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 06:09:51 AM »

Thank you very much for the replies. I still have the original ecu but I don’t know the similarities or differences between the two. I’m hoping to find some one or some place to sort through all this for me. I ain’t a rich man but I’d pay handsomely to get this done! If I can’t, I’ll resort to Plan B and try it myself.
And the fact that Ducati will no longer support a 19 year old bike SUCKS. Like you said, shame on them.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 06:40:09 AM »

My understanding is that DucPond is still there,  as of 9/21, but no longer a dealer.

https://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=78791.msg1452523#msg1452523

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Goldstar

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 07:07:09 AM »

Their phone is no longer in service, I think they are dead.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 11:43:10 AM by Goldstar » Logged
Goldstar

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 10:44:12 AM »

Since I still have the original ecu that failed, is it possible to retrieve the settings from this one and install on the new one?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 11:31:22 AM »

There phone is no longer on service, I think they are dead.

Their website only mentions a mail contact option. So, no phone .... (?)

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 12:50:18 PM »

Since I still have the original ecu that failed, is it possible to retrieve the settings from this one and install on the new one?
Should be able to.

Google motorcycle ecu flashing service if you don't want to get the rexxer software/hardware and do it yourself.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: