Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 10:50:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting prepped for the season  (Read 1643 times)
Anchorism
Fast and Agile

« on: April 03, 2023, 06:17:55 PM »

Now that life has finally balanced out a bit, I decided to get back on the road this year.  I've already mentioned this in my post on the General discussion board, but I figured I would continue the process in this section.  Over the last couple of weeks, I have removed the clutch cover and stator cover to redo the finish.  The stator cover had something dripping on it when the bike was in storage that caused some really nasty corrosion, thus eating away the finish.  There was no way I was going to let that slide for the season, so I sandblasted both covers and repainted them using a duplicolor engine enamel (which turned out much better than I expected.)  At this point I've just got to address a minor oil leak, clean and adjust the chain, and possibly replace the battery.  Once this is all completed she should be good to go!

"Life's tough.  Its even tougher if your stupid!"

-2011 Ducati Monster 796
       Custom Woodcraft tank cover, Danmoto Conicals, Tall boy clip ons, Rizoma grips and mirrors, Oberon bar end signals, Comp werkz tail tuck, Integrated turn signal LED tail light, Rollei HD camera mount, 2 12 volt outlets, Can Headlight, custom lowered guage, heat wrapped exhaust, S4R Wheels, 10500 miles.
-2009 Ducati Monster 696 Custom Mirrors, Renthal Bars, 6100 Miles
-1985 Moto Guzzi V65TT
   Knobby tires
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 01:34:58 AM »

Came up well. waytogo

Belts, fuel filter ok?

2015 Scrambler 800
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 12:42:03 PM »

...been thinking about doing something similar myself.  The black looks good  waytogo

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: