Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 05, 2024, 11:00:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with compatible parts for M695  (Read 1526 times)
MonsterDuc695

« on: July 12, 2023, 08:11:45 AM »

Hey everyone! I have a 2008 Monster 695. It's been in storage for about 7 years and I just brought it into the shop for the Desmo service and a few other updates. One of the issues I'm facing is that I need a new handlebar and I was hoping to find ones that are higher than the stock one (I'm a shorter rider). Has anyone on here found the right size bars and new levers that would play well with the OEM length cables and hydraulic lines?

Thank you, in advance, for any suggestions!
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 08:39:06 AM »

Welcome  waytogo

Bars closer to you will give the same shorter-rider result as higher bars. Most aftermarket bars have more sweep back, so the angle for the wrists become better/more natural and closer to the rider. You can of course get bars that are higher too. Rizoma, Rental, LSL (?) and probably many more.

The 695 is a chrome 22mm tube. Most other Monsters have tapered aluminium bars, 30mm to 22mm. There are brackets to mount 30mm on a 22mm top triple. Google will know from who.

Also, aftermarket bars are not drilled for the throttle and electric buttons. They need a few holes to make sure the controls don't rotate on their own.

I think you will have to measure well to figure out if wires and clutch/brake lines are long enough. Attach a few pieces of rope to the wires and lines all the way to their end. Mark where they end today. De-attach a few inches down the lines and see if the rope can be repositioned where you want them.

... why new levers?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: