Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 26, 2024, 06:39:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New thumper?  (Read 3166 times)
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« on: September 18, 2023, 06:24:00 AM »

Sounds interesting.  Hopefully Ducati isn't getting spread to thin with the number of models and tangents (e-bikes and e-motorcycles).

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/new-ducati-hypermotard-hints-all-new-single-cylinder-platform

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 01:46:14 PM »

I saw that. Doing the same as Triumph I guess, broadening their market base.

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 01:51:08 PM »

I think it's a great idea.

I think they should consider an even smaller displacement. Just wish the engine looked more...Ducish?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 03:12:23 PM »

I agree. A smart move.
A lot of kids here start on dirt bikes then graduate to road bikes. They pass that pattern on to their kids, so the trails and forest riding scene are a major conduit to the road bike market here. I guess the pattern is similar in countries like the US and Canada with space for forest/trail/desert riding.

2015 Scrambler 800
bdfinally

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 12:11:48 PM »

Looks like they're all in.

https://www.ducati.com/us/en/news/a-new-historic-chapter-opens-for-ducati-the-red-from-borgo-panigale-enters-motocross

Superquadro Mono

The tyranny of the rat race is not yet final...HST
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 06:10:35 PM »

New Supermono? drool

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 09:03:30 AM »

https://youtube.com/shorts/JySAFL5z0gQ?si=8rdVX3YkGxE5iHbK

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 07:22:58 PM »

I am absolutely shitting my pants over this bike.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 11:15:59 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 11:08:31 AM »

This bike is how I want my license to burn

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2023, 03:00:30 PM »

This bike is how I want my license to burn

laughingdp Burn it will.

2015 Scrambler 800
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 03:49:59 PM »

Dolph

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2023, 06:18:30 PM »

If you get one, I'll be eager to hear of your impressions for sure.

2015 Scrambler 800
Monsterlover
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2023, 06:30:53 PM »

If you get one, I'll be eager to hear of your impressions for sure.

If I get one everyone will know Cheesy

Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2024, 09:02:12 PM »

As a current owner and abuser of a KTM 690 Enduro...

I hope Ducati drops a knobby version.

I never had regular maintenance on my S2r1K result in needing to install helicoils… but, owning the KTM, I have full set of metric helicoils because of minor problems and changes.  

I'll fight the desmo valves if it means I don't have repair threads just for taking off the clutch slave.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 07:15:43 AM by Punx Clever » Logged

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: