Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 06:45:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 30th Anniversary of the 916  (Read 633 times)
paso87

« on: September 27, 2023, 06:55:50 AM »

Where have all the years gone?  2024 will be the 30th Anniversary of the 916.  Hard to believe.  Thanks to a friend I got to ride one of these wonderful bikes, a 996 version. I rode it from Ruidoso, New Mexico to Sunspot, New Mexico. Unfortunately I was not able to ride it back from Sun Spot back to Ruidoso. My nick, back, legs, and hands were killing me.  I am 6'2". But it was an amazing experience.  Apparently Ducati is coming out with ta 30 Anniversary edition.  When I saw the picture of the 916 for the article I saw what has been called the most beautiful motorcycle of all time. The picture for this article is just gorgeous and the bike still looks contemporary and beautiful.  While the 202X edition has all the techno wizardry and a V4 engine it is just not in the same league as a 916.  It might be better but it is not better looking.  The 916 looks like it was made by artisans and the 202X version will look mass produced. A SP version for the 916 had a whole host of great parts will the 2024 be more than decals and a special plate on the fork crown?

https://www.cycleworld.com/motorcycle-news/ducati-panigale-v4-sp2-30th-anniversario-916/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: