Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 07:38:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to move on …? Ultra-high mileage (400k miles) ’92 NA6 Miata is bumped  (Read 207 times)
S21FOLGORE

« on: June 06, 2024, 01:14:28 PM »

[note] please ignore the scratch. That's from another incident years ago.

DSCF2541 by T K, on Flickr
So, I just started working again.
And, this happened yesterday, while my car (1992 NA6 Miata) was parked in the parking lot. (For those who live in North Bay SF Bay area, that’s where Mill Valley Whole Food is.)
DSCF2542 by T K, on Flickr

I was working pretty much all day.
So I have no idea when it happened.
(Somewhat similar to the incident back in Feb. 2019 winter.
I parked my NA6 on the top floor of downtown parking lot of the City of San Rafael.
When I got off the work and came to the car, the driver’s side window and side mirror were smashed(probably hit by baseball bat or steel pipe), broken glasses all over inside, and I had to drive back home in the rain, without the window.)
DSC03016 by T K, on Flickr
DSC03019 by T K, on Flickr
DSC03023 by T K, on Flickr
DSC03026 by T K, on Flickr
DSC03018 by T K, on Flickr
DSC03028 by T K, on Flickr

I realized about that damage last night when I got off work(after 9PM), only because now the driver’s side of the door opens only partially, like 30 degrees.

I know making police report makes no difference.
Using insurance to fix the car is out of question because this car has ultra-high mileage (almost 400K miles on the original engine), it has no value as used car.
But, this is my daily driver, AND I like this car, despite the fact that this car has been vandalized, hit by negligence, it now looks like something came out from “Mad Max 2 (The Road Worriers, for US market) filming set.

So, I’m going to ask around today, to get the idea of how much would it cost to fix the fender.
But, I need to keep in mind that this car may or may not pass the smog check next year (about a year from now on.)

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 01:43:00 PM »

Sorry to see that.  If the damage is limited to the fender this may help  https://mossmiata.com/905-325-cp-front-fenders

Though financially it might not make sense I would keep that car alive until the body becomes useless.
S21FOLGORE

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 12:54:05 AM »

Thanks for the input.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: