Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 05:23:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: do I have to have a Duc to be here?  (Read 5624 times)
lytehouse

« on: July 29, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »

Hello......I do ride, but not a Ducati (there's one in the garage, if that counts).
So, I was wondering, do any of you ladies ride to work and if so do you wear overpants, chaps, or gear at all?  I'd like to ride a couple days but need something easy on & off. Thanks for any info you have......
lytehouse
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 05:50:44 PM »

Hello......I do ride, but not a Ducati (there's one in the garage, if that counts).
So, I was wondering, do any of you ladies ride to work and if so do you wear overpants, chaps, or gear at all?  I'd like to ride a couple days but need something easy on & off. Thanks for any info you have......
lytehouse

No worries! We'll take you in!

I ride to work and I usually gear up in jeans, moto boots, and armored jacket. When its cooler, I wear armored pants as well. I bring a change of clothes with me or keep some at the office.

Welcome!!!
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

I am lucky and work in a pretty relaxed office; can wear my legging and socks Smiley all day.  But I do have a change of clothes just in case.

BTW, owning a Duc isn't necessary.  Smiley  But it helps.  LOL   Grin

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
Kyna

put put put

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:32:13 PM »

I'm a n00b to riding, so no commuting to work for me just yet.  I hope to get comfortable enough that I can do so by next summer. 

Also, I don't own a duc and they let me hang around so I'm pretty sure you'll be just fine here.  We are an exceptionally accepting group...usually. Wink

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
brlchief

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 02:23:28 AM »

Hi and welcome.  I sometimes ride to work on Fridays (which is our casual day) when I can wear jeans to work.  I wear jeans and an armored jacket.
dolci

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 05:42:33 AM »

I have ridden to work a few times on my GS500, not the Duc....yet.  Our office is dress casual (khaki, summer blouse) so usually I just wear an aerostich over my work clothes.  I have a cordera pack on the back of one of my bikes and a ventura rack on the other so I could wear whatever gear I need to and then change in the bathroom.  My hair is long enough to pull into a pony-tail so that combats the helmet-head issue as well.

eta:  also, of course, boots and gloves.  I don't relish the idea of skin grafts and I don't trust DC drivers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:58:43 AM by dolci » Logged

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
MAZ

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 05:51:26 AM »

lytehouse

When I ride to work (or anytime I ride), I always wear ATGATT  (full fingered gloves, full helmet, armored jacket and pants, motorcycle boots) and just take a change of clothes to work.  Takes me less than 5 minutes to change in the bathroom.  My commute has become a lot more fun now that I have the Duc  laughingdp [moto]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:04:45 AM by MAZ » Logged

We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults.  Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.  ~George Eliot
Stella

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 07:39:24 AM »

Yup!  I ride to work.  At most a few times a week.  Primarily for the gas savings (the cage is a jeep, need I say more?).  30 miles door to door, mostly highway.   I hate pain so I wear all the gear all the time.  Juuussst in case......   

Oh and:  Welcome!!

Are you going to get the bike from out of the garage?

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 07:52:09 AM »

Ride to work also. 

helmet
full fingered mesh gloves
armored mesh jacket
Oxtar boots (that still squeek after a year  Undecided)

Still looking for armored mesh pants. 

Keep an old pair of sneaks in the bottom drawer along with round hairbrush & makeup.  Earrings in my pocket.
Curly hair that looks AWFUL cause of the helmet, so it's wet for the first 20 minutes or so until it dries.
Occasionally carry a backpack (for the rain gear, lunch, whatever I want to change out from work).  Straps onto the back of the bike (not me cheeky)

welcome!! welcome!!  This really is a cool place to hang.

Frickin' snow!
lytehouse

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:08 AM »

Yup!  I ride to work.  At most a few times a week.  Primarily for the gas savings (the cage is a jeep, need I say more?).  30 miles door to door, mostly highway.   I hate pain so I wear all the gear all the time.  Juuussst in case......   

Oh and:  Welcome!!

Are you going to get the bike from out of the garage?

The Ducati ST4 is a bit tall for me just yet......I'm 5'2" ish......we have discussed lowering it, but the catch is ,if he can replace it with the 1098R!!
About riding to work, I am a merchadiser and visit up to 3 stores a day. I always gear up no matter where I'm going, but to try to do my job in my BMW summer pants, well it wouldn't be real comfortable. So I was looking to see what my other options might be. And who better to ask than women who ride. I am considering a pair of TourMaster Mesh Overpants I found last night on-line.

And thank you all for the welcome!
whidbeymonster

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »

welcome welcome. i ride to work everyday. i bring my clothes in a back pack, but since i wear scrubs wrinkles don't matter! i wear helmet, armor jacket, gloves, jeans (cause i am still looking for maz's mythical pants that turn a size 16 into a 10!  laughingdp) and boots. i am short too and i have a 695 a little lowered and it is the best part of my day!
tara
Cookie Monster

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »

hello!
I ride on casual days, Monday and Friday in the summer. Or if the outfit will permit on other days.  We don't have any changing rooms. I bring heels/sandals if I need them.   I wear a helmet, mesh armored jacket, tipless gloves, jeans and shoes.  I am still looking for a good pair of boots. Has anyone tried the River Road boots?

I am really lucky I have a pretty easy commute to work - no freeways, or bad traffic.  [moto]  I just have one little pesky light that  doesn't change unless a car is in the lane with me. Can't complain.

-cookie

97 Ducati Monster 750
06 Triumph 1050 Speed Triple (sexiest bike ever)
whidbeymonster

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:48:42 PM »

hello!
I ride on casual days, Monday and Friday in the summer. Or if the outfit will permit on other days.  We don't have any changing rooms. I bring heels/sandals if I need them.   I wear a helmet, mesh armored jacket, tipless gloves, jeans and shoes.  I am still looking for a good pair of boots. Has anyone tried the River Road boots?

I am really lucky I have a pretty easy commute to work - no freeways, or bad traffic.  [moto]  I just have one little pesky light that  doesn't change unless a car is in the lane with me. Can't complain.

-cookie

i have a pair of vega boots - touring type that i got thru jafrum.com and they are doing fine. they were cheap, only $50 online and so far so good. seem sturdy and the next step up the alpinestars are like $150! besides the alpinestars are nice but look a little too much like power-rangers for my taste. they seem to run true to size. anyway thats my 2 cents.
tara
lytehouse

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 07:16:16 PM »

well, since I had the day off I thought I'd go shopping for overpants to try to get an idea of what I was looking at on-line. I broke a sweat trying to get them on & off..... my shoes kept 'catching' the inside material, not to mention I looked like the Bride of Michelin Man!!!!!!!
So, anyone have chaps?
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 11:11:29 PM »

Welcome lytehouse, all riders and friends welcome here, Duc or not.  Smiley waytogo

I ride all the time, rain or shine, to the office and to visit customers.  I wear full gear including overpants over business clothes.

So, anyone have chaps?

I always wondered about chaps...don't you want your ass to be protected too? Huh?

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: