Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:15:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SLC Ride  (Read 1567 times)
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« on: July 29, 2008, 09:09:33 PM »

Went up to SLC last weekend to watch my brother run asphalt sprint cars.  Had a blast riding up, there, and riding back.  But, on to the important part: PICTURES!  Sorry that the bike is so dirty... slipped in a puddle before I could even get out of the driveway and got covered in mud not to mention having to fab up an emergency shifter. 

First pics are from south of Moab with cool rock formations and "Hole in the Rock". 

Apparently they don't like BMW's there... they had a sign showing the way back home for them.  Nothing like that for Italy though. 

Didn't take any more pictures until I started back home (trust me between Moab and SLC is horrible), but stopped for a nice picture next to a lake in the mountains east of SLC. 

Took highway 191 from HW40 to Price.  I suggest EVERYONE take that road at some point.  No pictures, having too much fun.  Hell, I found the edge of my tires finally on that road.

Didn't go home the way I came... instead went over the La Sal Mountains and came upon this wonderful, desolate canyon with a single, straight, empty road stretching all the way down the middle.

And finally, the San Juan Skyway south of Telluride.  Should have went north... but I was at the end of a very long ride and not remembering where places were as well as I would normally.

Oh, cant forget the improvised shifter!  My family was already in SLC so I had them pick up a shifter from the dealer up there to fix it when I got there

I cursed my 2003 Kawasaki 300 when the output shaft split in half two years ago... but damn it's kick starter sure made a nice end for that shifter.  A couple of hose clamps and some McGuyver creativity and I was ready to ride in 10 mins.

So, all together a pretty good ride.  Can't wait for this weekend's excursion to Twin Falls Idaho!

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
kingbaby

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:37:13 PM »

Awesome shots !  But dang man, Dusty & I travel light, and you make us look like gypsies.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:38:51 PM by kingbaby » Logged

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: