Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:06:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful out there....  (Read 4623 times)
cooleye

Ciao

« on: August 02, 2008, 06:33:32 AM »

See here for article: http://www.gazette.com/articles/car_38846___article.html/motorcycle_mercury.html#slComments

A Colorado Springs man was killed early Wednesday morning in a crash near 3600 Airport Road.

A motorcycle driven by Andrew Allman was driving westbound and collided with the right rear of a small Mercury car that was backing out of a parking lot onto Airport Road. Upon impact, the motorcycle caught fire.

Allman, 25, died at the scene. A passenger on the motorcycle, 22-year-old Amanda Diaz, was thrown roughly 30 feet and taken to Memorial Hospital Central with possible internal injuries. Neither one was wearing a helmet.

The driver of the Mercury ran from the scene before Colorado Springs police officers arrived. A female passenger in the car was taken to Memorial Hospital Central with nonlife-threatening injuries.

The driver of the Mercury is described as a Hispanic male, 5-foot-10, 230 pounds, with short hair and a possible cut on his head. The owner of the car had loaned the car out and was unable to inform police who was possibly driving his vehicle. Anyone with information of the possible driver should contact the Colorado Springs Police Department at 444-7000 or lead investigator Detective Craig Simpson at 444-7723.
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:50:22 AM »

Emphasis on NO HELMETS and EARLY IN THE MORNING, this was a twilight thing, no reason to be out riding two up at that time if you're a serious rider.  Nothing good happens out after midnight, especially on a bike!

flynbulldog

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »

he "loaned his car out" but didn't know who he loaned it to...  laughingdp    yeah, right!
Are the  Police that stupid?  Huh?
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 12:43:52 PM »

Yup, it is amazing how stolen cars are returned to the owner's driveway after a hit-and-run accident, too.  Un-facking-believable how much crap people are getting away with.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:02:02 AM »

Be careful out there......part Deux!  Huh?

Motorcyclist critically injured in crash
Comments 25 | Recommend 0
August 2, 2008 - 2:54PM
THE GAZETTE

A 19-year-old man was in critical condition Saturday after a motorcycle crash in west Colorado Springs, police said.

The man was southbound in the 1100 block of Fontmore Road about 11:20 a.m. when he lost control of his Suzuki GSXR750, hit a curb and was thrown, police said.

"Apparently he was weaving in and out of traffic, and we have at least one witness who said he was going at least 60 mph in the 30 mph zone there," said Colorado Springs Police Sgt. Jerry Steckler.

The man, who was not wearing a helmet, was being treated at Penrose Main Hospital for brain injuries. His name was being withheld pending family notification.

http://www.gazette.com/news/springs_38887___article.html/police_crash.html

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 06:29:24 AM »

I'm starting to wonder if gear may be in order......  Huh? at least mix in a helmet.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:54:55 AM »

See if I ever ride in the Springs again...

You guys are NUTS down there!!!

Come up here and ride.  Much, much safer.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

the sausage creature strikes again...   should live in a small, quiet, retirement town where you have deaf, blind, old people trying to kill you on church morning !!

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 02:35:06 PM »

LOLOL...as long as you aren't  [moto] with the Denver Duc crew...  What are you guys up to now...15 wrecks in the last 18 months?   popcorn bacon

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »

LOLOL...as long as you aren't  [moto] with the Denver Duc crew...  What are you those guys up to now...15 wrecks in the last 18 months?   popcorn bacon

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
J_Slyter

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »

So are you lumping the rest of us in with these 2 unfortunate riders?   Huh?
merkle
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 04:50:31 AM »

I drove by the accident on fontmore after they loaded him in the ambulance, a guy on his harley died at the same location last year also, same thing driving too fast  and not making it around the bend.
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »

Be careful again.....seems like every weekend there is something different here in the Springs. This past weekend (the 9th).

August 9, 2008     Time     1:37:00 PM     Division     Sand Creek     Shift II
Title    Traffic Crash - Fatality    Location    30th St. and Garden of the Gods Rd.
Summary    On the above date and time officers responded to the area of 30th St. and Garden of the Gods Rd. to investigate a traffic accident. Upon arrival officers learned the accident was involving a 2006 red Suzuki motorcycle and a tan 2002 Mazda Tribute. The operator of the motorcycle was transported to an area hospital were he died. The investigation revealed the Mazda was northbound in the left through lane of 30th St. approaching Garden of the Gods Rd. The Motorcycle was also northbound on 30th St. approaching Garden of the Gods Rd., but was in the right through lane. There was a yellow car southbound in the left turn lane of 30th St, preparing to turn left onto Garden of the Gods Rd.

The driver of the Mazda switched into the right lane in front of the motorcycle. The motorcycle operator tried to stop, but could not and impacted the right rear portion of the Mazda. This collision caused the motorcycle to fall over on its side. The motorcycle operator and the motorcycle came to an uncontrolled point of rest north of the intersection.

The motorcycle operator was wearing a helmet, and he has been identified as 59 year old Gary Krauser. The operator of the Mazda was cited for careless driving resulting in death. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in this accident.

Police did not have an opportunity to talk to the driver of the yellow sports car that was turning onto Garden of the Gods Rd. It is believed that they were only witnesses and police would be interested in talking to them. If there are witnesses that saw the crash they can call Detective Dan Smoker at 444-7293.

The driver of the Mazda was identified as 46 year old Clark Howie.
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »

I hope Clark Howie is losing a fair amount of sleep.  Cagers never regret their faux pas until the excrement impacts the ocillating breeze machine.
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »

Wow, busy summer around here:

A 20-year-old man died on Sunday after suffering a head injury in a motorcycle accident Saturday afternoon.

Colorado Springs police identified the victim as Ricky Chenoweth of Colorado Springs. Police said Chenoweth lost control of a 2002 Honda motorcycle Saturday, was thrown from the motorcycle and collided with a decorative rock next to a driveway on Bayfield Drive in the Cheyenne Hills neighborhood.

Police said Chenoweth was not wearing a helmet and did not have a motorcycle endorsement on his driver's license.
  Undecided

http://www.gazette.com/articles/motorcycle_40291___article.html/springs_police.html
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: