Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:29:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gingerman (MI) track fest  (Read 1918 times)
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« on: August 02, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »

This event is gaining momentum and we have a great list of vendors and dealers returning this year as well as some new participants for 2008. 

Several D.O.C. clubs Desmohio (Ohio), DRILL (Illinois), Ducati-ROC (Cleveland), Ducs Unlimited (Michigan) and Hoosier Hooligans (Indiana) are each co-sponsoring a portion of the event this year and are behind the event 100%. 

Red Bull and Ducati will be involved in the weekend.  Red Bull will be sponsoring a big screen movie viewing outdoors on a 30’ screen and Ducati will be present with the Duc Truck including demo rides and hospitality tent for all weekend participants.

Planned events will include but won't be limited to the following:

-2 full track days including Novice, Intermediate and Advanced levels of riding.  This will again be managed by our friends at Sportbike Tracktime.

- Ducati Demo Rides

- Off track group rides in the South Haven, Saugatuck region. 

- Saturday night BBQ dinner

- Live performance by the Orbitsuns Saturday night

- Special TBA movie event by Red Bull Saturday night

- Family Fun area

- Umbrella Girl Experience (pics with your favorite umbrella girl)

- Huge raffle on Saturday night.

- Vendor area with several vendors showing their wares

- Ducati Concourse of Excellence bike display and competition

- Exhaust sound off competition

- Dynojet Dyno runs

Don't forget this isn't your normal track weekend; it's a festival of Ducati!!!

2007 red S4Rs
cmorgan47

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

is this the thing in a couple of weeks? (weekend of 16-17)
if so, i think i'm going cause my brother in law is racing on sunday
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »

is this the thing in a couple of weeks? (weekend of 16-17)
if so, i think i'm going cause my brother in law is racing on sunday
Yes it's 8/16,17/08

2007 red S4Rs
cmorgan47

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »

Yes it's 8/16,17/08

well, i should be there sunday.  red 696
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »

well, i should be there sunday.  red 696
Cool look for the Hoosier Hooligans tent and booth

Mario

2007 red S4Rs
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »

This was my first time here and I watched 3 people go down, then everyone is telling me how bad and rough the pavement is. Adding some horror stories about some of the turns.
 By the time I got on it I was pretty concerned.
Well Gingerman is no Putnam, smaller, slick and rough with deep grooves and asphalt strips that will grab your front tire trying to knock you off the bike. Some corners are pretty sharp turn 1 and turn 3. Turn 2 was the worst with asphalt strip that claimed many novice, intermediate and advanced riders.  That was the place for one of those almost moments for me, and Kevin Wooding the day before.
 My front tire got "stuck" in that groove while leaned over and stood my bike up right up. I had to gradually accelerate out of it. Then for a while I was distracted by those strips everywere on the track, since I was scared, I was looking for them...
 Second almost moment I was passing a slow rider an a R1 before turn 3 got in too hot and I ran off road going "Agricultural" to make things worse now my seat came unlocked, and it was sliding from under me everytime I was leaning off the seat.  I didn't want to leave my session, and I finished like that sliding allover the place on every corner.   
3rd almost moment: front straight instructor wave me over to pass the slow group and get in front so he could watch me. So I finally hammer the Rs on the straight forgetting that turn 1 was there. You ran out room fast at Gingerman.  So I'm now on both brakes downshifting, rear wheel screeching and hopping, front sliding and the seat comes unlatched again. Let off the brakes lean and countersteer just saving it on the curb... :L that was really close. Now I'm mad and embarrassed the all novice group and spectators saw that. I stay on the inside waithing for everyone to pass me, made a lap stuck my hand out come out of the track popped the seat back in place and got back in. 
After that I had a couple of shitty laps since I was scared and pissed. but eventually I picked up the pace again. The instructors were very nice and praised me for my save, next session I was in the novice "fast" group again just 3 of us up to 4 by the end of the day.
 By then Dr. Wooding helped me fix the seat. Now it stays latched.
I only saw my speed once it was 110 mph on the back straigth I never glanced down again after all the close calls. 

The Gingerman track is fun but very technical by the end of the day my legs were killing me and I was spent. I still rode back home :L
I liked Putnam better, smoother, flat, easier big sweepers nice front straight to relax and open wide.  I felt confident on Putnam after few sessions, Gingerman you better stay sharp all day.  As for Sportbike tracktime fantastic group of people, we had plenty of instructors and an actual class room session before and after each session. I learned more in one day that I did at Putnam in two. Those guys were very fast and made it look so easy, I had to work really hard to keep up. 

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:18:58 PM by Grifo » Logged

2007 red S4Rs
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 02:49:37 PM »

Sorry for the crappy small digital camera pics. better quality pics will follow..
 More pics of the soundoff contest, umbrella girl and awards presentation here
 http://www.hoosierhooligans.org/forum/index.php?topic=1671.msg18542;topicseen   

2007 red S4Rs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: