Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:22:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indy - "Special ordinance"?! WTF??!!  (Read 1854 times)
goldenchild

www.suspectsunlimited.com

« on: August 02, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »

Sniped from Motogpmatters...

Indianapolis Loves MotoGP, Hates Noisy Motorcycles
Submitted by Kropotkin on Sat, 2008-08-02 14:42.
in
    * Indianapolis, USA

"The news that MotoGP would be going to Indianapolis, bringing the return of motorcycle racing to this historic track, was met with interest and acclaim all around the world. The Brickyard at Indy is one of the world's legendary tracks, a name recognized by both race fans and non-race fans alike.

But not everyone is enthusiastic. And we're not talking about riders worrying about problems with grip or the final turn back onto the front straight. No, it seems that the town elders of Speedway, Indiana - the town which is home to the track - are afraid that the arrival of thousands of MotoGP fans on their noisy motorcycles could keep the upstanding citizens of their town awake at night.

Perhaps fearing scenes from The Wild One, the Town Council are attempting to pass a special ordinance banning "unnecessary noises made by certain motor vehicles". The ordinance is specifically aimed at motorcycles revving their engines noisily, and will give police the power to impose fines on anyone they believe are causing a nuisance by making a lot of noise with their bikes."

I'm particularly concerned because my bike is LOUD, I'm talking GP bike loud  Angry Huh? Cry

jesse370

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »

It is kinda messed up......but seriously nothing needs the be that loud on the street.

good luck

White S4Rs | Ducati Performance Chip | Termi's | Hyperpro side mount damper | Motowheels MW-7000 Slipper | Billet Clutch Cover |  Speedymoto Ti Spring Caps | Speedymoto Stainless Springs | STM Frame Plugs | Ducati Performance Seat | CRG Roll-A-Clicks
desmoquattro
Smacking certain mods who change my profile upside the head with a...

It puts the billet aluminum on the motorcycle...

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »

They're probably also looking at revenue opporunities  Undecided California has something like that on the books. But the squids still bounce engines off the rev limiter on Cannery Row during the Laguna Seca GP.

I got the impression from my one visit to Indy that Speedway was primarily residential and industrial. Are there any spots where people might be congregating, or would the cops target people going to/from the Brickyard?

My Vices
'09 1198s,red, (Il Diavolo Rosso
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'04 Yamaha FZ1, The Blue Cockroach
'01 900SS, custom yellow, (The Bumblebee)
'05 MS4R, blue
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »

They're probably also looking at revenue opporunities  Undecided California has something like that on the books. But the squids still bounce engines off the rev limiter on Cannery Row during the Laguna Seca GP.

I got the impression from my one visit to Indy that Speedway was primarily residential and industrial. Are there any spots where people might be congregating, or would the cops target people going to/from the Brickyard?
The congragation will be in the Zionville and Carmel area, I have not heard anything against us from those towns yet.  I think if people ride normal through the city od Speedway no wheelie, no unnecessary revving and other hooliganism we should be OK.   

2007 red S4Rs
dropstharockalot
Sex-Toy Bludgeonin'

The Teabaggin' Dragon

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »

Grifo is pretty much right about the behavior... squidly stuff will get you busted, just like any other day.  Riding normally should be OK, even if your bike is a bit raucous.  My boss is marrying the sister of the head of Speedway's cycle patrol, and bossman hasn't passed on any special moto-directed enforcement info... so I'd say we're good.

Speedway has been having lots of problems with the Brickyard fans and the parties they throw the night before the Allstate 400.  The parking areas around the track have gotten very rowdy, with lots of public intox citations being handed out.  Last year I watched a couple cops haul off two guys that put their front wheels together for a burnie competition.  It actually made the local news, so this may be Speedway's attempt to head off more of that kind of tomfoolery.

And the revenue comment is probably accurate, too.  They've only got a few weekends a year to rake it in.

I'd still ride in if I wasn't walking distance.

'96 M900
Stage One - K&N Pods- DynaCoils - Remus Ti Hi-mount pipes (dented) -Thrashed paint - dented tank - Oberon bar-ends
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:04:31 PM »

Same goes with Carmel, Zionville and Indy, they have a very active force of motorcops.  Act like fool  speeding, wheelies burnouts and I'll garantee you'll get busted.

2007 red S4Rs
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »

Don't behave like NASCAR fans and you should be OK  Wink
dropstharockalot
Sex-Toy Bludgeonin'

The Teabaggin' Dragon

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 04:08:57 AM »

Don't behave like NASCAR fans and you should be OK  Wink
I think this is true anywhere in life...

'96 M900
Stage One - K&N Pods- DynaCoils - Remus Ti Hi-mount pipes (dented) -Thrashed paint - dented tank - Oberon bar-ends
Uncle Mofo

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 12:37:31 PM »

Speedway Votes to Withdraw Proposed Motorcycle Ordinances August 12, 2008 -- Speedway town council officials have voted 4-0 to withdraw two controversial motorcycle ordinances that were in the news recently. We would like to thank the council for their consideration towards the motorcycling community and hope for a successful MotoGP in September....... just got this off Abate web site

2007 red S4Rs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: