Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 12:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Darien Motorcycle Pants  (Read 4503 times)
CougarSlayer

« on: August 06, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »

Darien Motorcycle Pants how is the sizing for these pants I normally wear a size 38 and I am wondering do these pants run small or big.

Thanks,

panthro

cc's are still 992
DanTheMan

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:10:45 PM »

Darien Motorcycle Pants how is the sizing for these pants I normally wear a size 38 and I am wondering do these pants run small or big.

Thanks,

panthro

They fit like a tight pair of jeans if you buy true to size. Normally i wear my jeans low around the hips but the darien are cut to wear around the waist/stomach. Normally i wear a 34 but i ended up with a 36 +2" on the bottom so i can still fit jeans or shorts under comfortably, and the +2" on the length so the come down to the end of the boot while on the bike.  I would say order a size bigger and try on the bike. They are very good about returning for other sizes, of course you 'll have to pay the return fees but its a no hassle transaction with Aero. I would recommend ordering your size +1 in the standard length because you can still return if you dont like it. Once you find that the waist fits, then order the custom length if needed, cause its not returnable.

2008 KTM 690 SMC
2006 749 Dark- Sold
2003 M630ie Dark - Sold
2003 CRF175F
1999 Minsk 125 2T - Bought in Hanoi sold in Bangkok
1994 Ninja EX250 - Sold- AFM #692 - Retired
1996 Honda CR125R - Sold
Triple J
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »

I have a different experience.  I wear a 32/30  (waist/length) in jeans...they sit fairly low on my hips.

I ordered a 32 regular Darien and they fit perfect over jeans (ordered 30 first and they were too small).  Like Dan said, the closure is more around your waist/stomach.  They will be a bit snug around the hips when you get them...most noticeable when throwing your leg over the bike...but they break in nicely after some use.  I've also heard that throwing them in the dryer for a little while softens them up quicker.

Personally I'd start with the same size you wear in jeans...then move up if they're too small.  It's hard to go back down, because you may send a larger size back as being too large, only to discover the next size down is too small, and you have to get the original size back again.  Seems easier to me to start small and work your way up.  Like Dan said...A'stitch is really good about returns, so either way would work though.  waytogo

Dariens rock.
DesmoDiva

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 07:33:19 AM »

I pretty close to departing with some hard earned cash to pick a pair up.

Only hesitation is sizing....

Most likely will take advantage of the "hip/seat gusset" to accommodate my curvy figure.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
DesmoDiva

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:48:09 AM »

Ended up going with the AD1.

Will update with a review when the arrive.   Dolph

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
DesmoDiva

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 03:33:56 AM »

AD1s arrived yesterday.

I was really impressed with the quality and thickness of the material.

They, however, did not fit.  bang head 

For a guy with no hips/butt/thighs, they would work great.  The legs are cut very straight and trim.

The angled shape of the waist (lower in front than back) was nice.  No bunching of extra material when leaning over the tank.

I guess if I want to give Aerostich my $$, I'm going to have to go to the factory and get fitted.

B had my try on his A* Bogota pants and they were almost a perfect fit, just a bit too long.

So I'm going to order those in the short length.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 02:15:21 AM »

+1 to trying to err on the small side to start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: