Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:07:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate it when  (Read 3197 times)
That Nice Guy Beck!

« on: August 11, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »

you feel like your leaning a lot but then your friend tells you that you are not really leaning at all LOL
Jobu

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »

you feel like your leaning a lot but then your friend tells you that you are not really leaning at all LOL

Usually my friends tell me I'm leaning a lot and about to fall over when I feel like I'm standing perfectly upright.  drink

Seriously though, find a good road where you know it is safe (preferably the track, but at least a road with no cross roads and little to no houses.  We have a road next to a nuclear plant around here that is perfect) and just push it.  Check your chicken strips for proof or mark your tire edge with chalk and try to scrub it off.

(@  )( @ )
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »

Photographs add even more to ones humility. When I review my trackday photos I'm always like, "damn wtf? I know I was leaning way more then that!" hahaha
muscle_cars_only

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »

Usually my friends tell me I'm leaning a lot and about to fall over when I feel like I'm standing perfectly upright.  drink

Seriously though, find a good road where you know it is safe (preferably the track, but at least a road with no cross roads and little to no houses.  We have a road next to a nuclear plant around here that is perfect) and just push it.  Check your chicken strips for proof or mark your tire edge with chalk and try to scrub it off.

Which plant? Oconee , Mcguire or Catawba?

02 Speed Triple   Black   16k
04 CBR600 F4i  Red/Black    8k
06 m620  Red
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 05:51:36 PM »

Just wait until this happens at the track and one of your instructors plops himself down next to you at lunch to say, "Where did your monster drives from last season go?  Stop being a pussy and twist the make the beast with two backsin' throttle."   laughingdp 

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
aaronb

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 07:34:08 PM »

Just wait until this happens at the track and one of your instructors plops himself down next to you at lunch to say, "Where did your monster drives from last season go?  Stop being a pussy and twist the make the beast with two backsin' throttle."   laughingdp 

or when you're riding as hard as you can, feeling like you are on it 100% and your instructor sits up in his seat, turns around to look at you and slaps the tail of his bike (meaning keep up!) mid corner. 

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »

or when you're riding as hard as you can, feeling like you are on it 100% and your instructor sits up in his seat, turns around to look at you and slaps the tail of his bike (meaning keep up!) mid corner. 

Or your instructor comes sailing past you, done with all his braking, both hands off the bars, just coasting through the corner, giving you the "screwdriver hands" reminder.  Ok, so that was the session immediately after my close encounter with the stuck throttle kind, but it still made me laugh at my pansiness.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »

Or you're doing your best to follow the instructor and he spend 3/4 quarters of the lap turned around watching you with one hand on the bars and still has better lines in the corners. laughingdp

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
duc996

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 04:31:14 AM »

I wouldn't worry about what others say about your riding,you know you're getting better when you feel more comfortable and relax when riding,speed is easy,technique and honing your skills are the hardest part.IMHO

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: