Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 02:10:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534347 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #1305 on: November 06, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »

^ w00t!

I also predict that the weather will suck ass tomorrow, thus leaving me unwilling to leave the house on my day off.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1306 on: November 06, 2009, 09:59:55 PM »

Unsat!  So what are your plans?
teddy037.2
« Reply #1307 on: November 06, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »

who, me?

nothin so far... whatcha got in mind?

well, aside from lamenting the passing of an awesome DJ, I got nothing.  that's what I get for not having internet at home  Undecided
DRKWNG
« Reply #1308 on: November 07, 2009, 01:02:30 AM »

Oh, I see.  Well, been sitting here knocking back a few Capt & Cokes...

And been putting serious thought into changing the locks on the house...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:10:08 AM by DRKWNG » Logged
DRKWNG
« Reply #1309 on: November 07, 2009, 07:28:39 AM »

Rick, are you going into the shop today?
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1310 on: November 07, 2009, 08:34:55 AM »

Yep. Not a good day for side work & I even want to change oil in the bike. Won't be able to do that until next week. We're having roof fans installed to help vent the heat from the shop. Just found that out yesterday afternoon. I'll down there later in the morning after 11 or so just to do some light paper work. Wally wanted to work on the Monster shifter but that'll have to wait until next week or so also.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1311 on: November 07, 2009, 08:36:24 AM »

Ok then, no worries...  Need any help down there?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1312 on: November 07, 2009, 08:52:34 AM »

Naw but I might need some helping hoisting a couple of pints later depending on the weather.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1313 on: November 07, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »

Tell me about it.  Are you going to be on the bike or the benz?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1314 on: November 07, 2009, 11:22:53 AM »

Bike. The weather looks good so far. Leaving in a few minutes.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1315 on: November 07, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »

Today I solved a problem a fellow tech couldn't solve; car came in with diesel instead of gas, gas tank emptied, fuel filter replaced, lines flushed, injectors 'cleaned', new everything in. Car wont start, this was the week before halloween, tech said[I work at a car rental workshop]" send it to the dealership; I asked, "did you measure for voltage at the pump?, answer, "no, it wont start, is not that". Car goes to dealership[toyota], dealer states that in order for them to be able to solve problem, they must redo everything we had already done. I said, bring it home, I'll fix it in 5 minutes. Car arrives, I hook multimeter, turn ign switch on, no voltage at pump, check fuse, voila!! blown fuse, replaced fuse, vehicle is now rented...Me got a 'thank you, but, why didn't you tell you fellow worker to do that? I answered,  I did, he said it was not electrical"...
Now, enjoying a cold beer with wife...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1316 on: November 07, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »

Today I solved a problem a fellow tech couldn't solve; car came in with diesel instead of gas, gas tank emptied, fuel filter replaced, lines flushed, injectors 'cleaned', new everything in. Car wont start, this was the week before halloween, tech said[I work at a car rental workshop]" send it to the dealership; I asked, "did you measure for voltage at the pump?, answer, "no, it wont start, is not that". Car goes to dealership[toyota], dealer states that in order for them to be able to solve problem, they must redo everything we had already done. I said, bring it home, I'll fix it in 5 minutes. Car arrives, I hook multimeter, turn ign switch on, no voltage at pump, check fuse, voila!! blown fuse, replaced fuse, vehicle is now rented...Me got a 'thank you, but, why didn't you tell you fellow worker to do that? I answered,  I did, he said it was not electrical"...
Now, enjoying a cold beer with wife...

Too funny, yet it happens all the time. I've lost track of all the times I've been through the same type of stuff.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1317 on: November 07, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »

Tell me about it.  Are you going to be on the bike or the benz?

Come on down. I need someone to ride the 848 so I can listen to it. I ran the dB test and with the extra slotted baffles it runs 83 to 85 dB at idle and at 99 to 101 dB running at half throttle.  I have to hear a few fly bys.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1318 on: November 07, 2009, 01:37:52 PM »

Too funny, yet it happens all the time. I've lost track of all the times I've been through the same type of stuff.

I'm 42, well almost, the guys is 26, he 'knows better', that's he's problem. Today's new guys, think they know it all since in school 'they teach them all'. not my problem, when something better comes around, I'll be gone.
Have any idea how much money company lost with the vehicle stopped for almost 21 days? And all I got were $5.00 commission and a thank you that didn't sound 'real'.
Another beer going down...My 2nd

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.2
« Reply #1319 on: November 07, 2009, 02:42:55 PM »

I guess today's an underwear day.

I haven't done a damn thing! and it's almost 3!
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: