Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 01:15:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536872 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3060 on: October 03, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »

What's it going to take to make you settle down?  Grin

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #3061 on: October 03, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3062 on: October 03, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »

My fist was never quite ham-shaped enough to make it happy.  That bike needs to come out of corners on one wheel.   Evil

and the F4, what it needs ?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
« Reply #3063 on: October 03, 2010, 06:13:11 PM »

I don't think it would be possible to survive trying to ride an F4, or any SBK for that matter, the way the SD wants to be flogged.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3064 on: October 03, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »

My fist was never quite ham-shaped enough to make it happy. Evil

"My fist was"...that's past tense, so the SD is out of the picture?... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #3065 on: October 03, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

so the SD is out of the picture?... Evil

Oh no.  It's still here, if nothing else to drive Lars crazy.   Evil

Just meant that up until the last few days, I had not flogged the bike quite hard enough to make it grin its maniacal grin.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3066 on: October 03, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »

Oh no.  It's still here, if nothing else to drive Lars crazy.   Evil

Just meant that up until the last few days, I had not flogged the bike quite hard enough to make it grin its maniacal grin.

so, now she's grinning and you ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3067 on: October 03, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »

So now you understand the SD on it's terms and it's good? Isn't it?  This is the evolution of time in the saddle and your understanding of yourself as a rider.  I think I know what you might mean. I am not the same rider that I was 6 months ago. Today I was chasing a BMW, a 1198S and a Daytona and not doing too badly. Every week I push the 848 a little more. That's a good thing and a bad thing all at the same time. Tantalus was too slick. I had both ends getting out of shape at lower speeds than I'm used to. I might have to tone down Saturday nights a bit so that I'm a little sharper on Sunday morning.  Just kidding......

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3068 on: October 03, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »

I might have to tone down Saturday nights a bit so that I'm a little sharper on Sunday morning.  Just kidding......

I remember a time when you were telling Teddy and Tristan to do just that, so they wouldn't be hung over on Sunday mornings.   laughingdp laughingdp
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3069 on: October 03, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

Tantalus was too slick. I had both ends getting out of shape at lower speeds than I'm used to.

I didn't find it that bad, of course I was just tip-toeing around at the tail end of the pack... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3070 on: October 04, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »

I remember a time when you were telling Teddy and Tristan to do just that, so they wouldn't be hung over on Sunday mornings.   laughingdp laughingdp

Hey! Those guys wouldn't even show up Sunday mornings.  cheeky

It was just four beers and even though they were good beers I wasn't hanging. I wouldn't even say that I felt anything close to that sort of half or quarter step behind myself that I sometimes feel on a Sunday morning after a late Sat. night.  I'm just saying that, possibly, to be that little bit sharper I might cut back a tad. Could be a good experiment but then again I might already be as sharp as I'll ever get at this point in my life. It's all delusion anyway.  [moto] laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3071 on: October 05, 2010, 08:54:54 PM »

Hey! Those guys wouldn't even show up Sunday mornings.  cheeky

He's got me there - I've been pretty unreliable since the switch to the Jamba Juice ride.  Well, is it unreliable if I never say I'm going to show up?

That said, I'm on leave next week, so I may actually be available Sunday...........

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3072 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:45 PM »

was going to post this yesterday but since i had to wake up @ 2:30 am to go into work, i was just to fricken tired when i got home.

the highlight of the day was when i decided the weather looked decent enough to  go hit up the few twisties in Waianae valley

then to my surprise cops had the road blocked cause a woman tried to BBQ

so i had to detour  a lil bit
 but got in a few pics

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3073 on: October 06, 2010, 09:23:22 PM »

Installed my modified db killers in the Akrapovics and cleaned up the SF this morning...cooked dinner for my daughter & grand daughter this evening...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3074 on: October 07, 2010, 08:17:26 AM »

Too funny. Over the last couple of nights I've been working on the full baffles to make them easier to install/remove. I'll have them installed for Saturday. I've been thinking that the exhaust might be a bit too loud on those occasional high rpm runs. Maybe I'll come back to my senses by Saturday night.

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: