Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 03:18:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536922 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3030 on: October 01, 2010, 08:33:53 AM »

My condolences to Brian. Funerals are always tough and having to give a eulogy is even harder. I hope he'll always have the good memories.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3031 on: October 01, 2010, 08:38:50 AM »

At 5:30 am this morning I was throwing rocks the size of grapefruits off of the Norfolk road.  Shocked Three days of rain have softened up the hill and the Cruickshank corner was a mess of leaves & branches. (Cruickshank is the corner above the house with the US flag that sits down in the hollow on the left after you drop down the entrance from the Kailua side).

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3032 on: October 01, 2010, 01:43:47 PM »

Clutch has been screeching lately upon starts on inclines from a dead stop, so I removed the clutch cover and cleaned out as much dust as I could with my air compressor...on retrospect, I think I should have removed the pressure plate also....next time...

I also de-blinged the bike a bit and shed a few grams of weight by removing the rim tape from the wheels...the tape was starting to peel off and the application was amatuerish anyway, thanks SSD...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
whackie

« Reply #3033 on: October 01, 2010, 04:50:01 PM »

Sorry to hear about his loss...just make sure he knows you support hm and are there for him and he will be okay...but you know that...

I have a question along the lines of this. it didn't really dawn on me until today. should i have gone w/ him? i've never had a spouse who lost someone, so i don't really know what to do or how to handle it. at time he was making arrangements and packing, it wasn't a question. just for future reference.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3034 on: October 01, 2010, 05:18:31 PM »

I have a question along the lines of this. it didn't really dawn on me until today. should i have gone w/ him? i've never had a spouse who lost someone, so i don't really know what to do or how to handle it. at time he was making arrangements and packing, it wasn't a question. just for future reference.

I guess it would depend on how close your SO is to the deceased...I didn't go to my wife's father's funeral on Okinawa 10 or so years ago, but I'll definitely go to her mother's, if I don't predecease her (she just turned 97)...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:31:38 PM by Gene V » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3035 on: October 01, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »

I guess it would depend on how close your SO is to the deceased...I didn't go to my wife's father's funeral on Okinawa 10 or so years ago, but I'll definitely go to her mother's, if I don't predecease her (she just turned 97)...

Obviously cost/distance is going come into play...I would have attended my wife's father's funeral if we didn't live so far away...

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3036 on: October 01, 2010, 05:59:31 PM »

if cost is no object id say it depends on how close your other half is to the deceased. if my wife was just going cause she kinda was expected too and it was someone she hardly new that just passed, then no i wouldnt go. now if it was some one she was really close too like a parent or sibling then i would be there just for support, maybe drive, carry a tissue, that kind of thing.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
whackie

« Reply #3037 on: October 02, 2010, 04:10:43 AM »

that makes a lot sense, my coworkers said almost the same thing but not in those words. thanks, always easier to learn from others than making boo-boos.

Obviously cost/distance is going come into play...I would have attended my wife's father's funeral if we didn't live so far away...

i wonder if the SO can get bereavement fares as well?  he got 1k off the cost of the flight going that route, still 800 but that's a big diff.

got to visit w/ my parents tonight. saw my dad down 3 muffins, but i swear he's diabetic. my mom didn't say a word, so i dare not. found out that bf asked my parents about marrying me last week. and i think bf bought a kimber 1911, drool, but i'm not sure yet. we'll see when he comes home tomorrow!!!
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3038 on: October 02, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »

found out that bf asked my parents about marrying me last week. and i think bf bought a kimber 1911, drool, but i'm not sure yet. we'll see when he comes home tomorrow!!!

The guy knows how to turn a girls head.   laughingdp

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3039 on: October 02, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »

that's unique, a pistol instead of an engagement ring... Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:58:38 PM by Gene V » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3040 on: October 02, 2010, 05:17:02 PM »

Went down to the shop where me and Brandon watched Rick and his friend Walter work on Walter's M900...

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3041 on: October 02, 2010, 05:22:03 PM »

Went to pick up my pc's video card and install it ... pages load a bit faster ... still need to replace crt monitor with lcd one ... step by step ... couldn't install parts on bike ... shop was real full and I had to help with the load ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
« Reply #3042 on: October 02, 2010, 09:05:41 PM »

Test rode a '10 F4 and one of the new Multinoodles.  MTS was a whole lot of meh.  F4 almost made me need a new pair of britches.   Shocked waytogo bow down drool
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3043 on: October 02, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »

that's unique, a pistol instead of an engaement ring... Grin

thats smart some assholes will still hit up on a girl thats wearing a wedding ring, but a girl with a gun on her finger just screams "dont make the beast with two backs wit me"  Grin

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
whackie

« Reply #3044 on: October 03, 2010, 02:57:54 AM »

The guy knows how to turn a girls head.   laughingdp
lol, well at least this girl. but i'm weird n i was pretty gitty when i saw it.

that's unique, a pistol instead of an engagement ring... Grin
it started as a joke from ducati spot, but it seems like it might be reality.

thanks to ben for letting us shoot his. his was the high end model, but of course this still rocks. now i just have to learn to shoot it well!!

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: