Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 02:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536394 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3375 on: January 21, 2011, 08:31:57 AM »

Right you both are. How'd ya know? You been talking to my woman behind my back?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3376 on: January 21, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »

Got a care package from Dan Kyle today. More stuff to come soon.

More goodies for the 848?

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3377 on: January 21, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »

How'd ya know?

You know what I do for a living.   Evil
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3378 on: January 21, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »

You know what I do for a living.   Evil

Drive a desk from what I've heard............. But, I suppose you have minions.  cheeky
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:04:50 PM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3379 on: January 21, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »

More goodies for the 848?

Maybe.

DRKWNG
« Reply #3380 on: January 22, 2011, 06:05:15 AM »

Drive a desk from what I've heard

laughingdp

pregnant dog!!

BUT! In two more weeks, I'm moving back into the real line of work.  No more staff duty for me!   waytogo
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3381 on: January 22, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

I should be there to join the fun, which hopefully includes a short ride...autocrossing on Sunday again...

Sorry I bugged out early guys, watching Rick work on all those different bikes wore me out...time for a nap...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3382 on: January 23, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »

Reinstalled the stock ECU in the SF...autocrossed the M, had fun...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3383 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »

Starting from yesterday -- picked up the 848 from South Seas, cam belts done --- back to shop & popped off the top triple, back home to run drill press for damper clamp, saved make the beast with two backsed up job where pilot drill bit broke off inside the hole (the top triple is a very nice aluminum top piece BTW) The hole was finally drilled properly and actually way better than Dan Kyle example (pat myself on my back) - tapped the hole for the bolt and mounted steering damper -- all good -- still waiting for Blue Monkey Racing Heal Tech gear indicator LED to get here.

Fixed Jing's brake light switch -- not in stock at SS and they want $40.00 for the part -- might have to eventually replace the switch but is good to go for now.

Removed the air box and FCR carbs from the old Monster -- float needles look good so far but still haven't totally cleaned out the whole system. That'll be for next weekend.

Beers, cigar & jazz.   waytogo waytogo waytogo

Sunday morning went out with the Hyper -- met up with Brandon, Patrick on the 1198S and his buddy on the 675 Daytona --- Hyper was still handling like shit ? ? --- front end wiggling all over -- same as when I last rode it New Years Eve --- checked the front tire pressure --- all good at 32 psi --- proceeded to ride with the guys and fight that bike through all kinds of corners and finally ended up going over Tantalus --- stayed right on the tails of the S1000RR and the 1198S up and down, Hyper still acting weird but at least it was more at home up on the mountain ---- we lost the 675 in the turns and had to wait for him at the lookout.

Went down to the shop and did some paper work and got set up for tomorrow morning.

Adjusted the Hyper compression and rebound damping -- rebound is now 1/4 turn out from full stiff -- compression is 3/4 out from full stiff --- rechecked front tire pressure as all through the day it always felt like the front was way out of whack -- front was just bobbling all over and actually had to hold the bars tight in turns, just like riding dirt bikes -- front tire pressure at 30 psi --- should be good but set it back up to 34

-------

STUPID ME ! ! ! ! ! !
------
Checked the rear tire pressure even though I didn't think I had to --- tire felt hard and didn't ever give me any rear end hula  ------

THOUGHT THE TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE BROKE BETWEEN MEASURING THE FRONT AND THEN CHECKING THE REAR.............. because ........

0, that is, 0, like in zero, zero psi registering in the rear tire ----- WTF? ?  ?    Can't be. The bike would have been all over the place --- Started pumping air in and it actually started registering psi ----- brought it up to 37 psi ----- WOW, are you freaking kidding me? ? ?
----

Did the water spray test and found a tiny nail head, I mean tiny --- slow bubbles coming out

This must have been going on for weeks --- I rode it and felt the front end going out -- Dave rode it a few times and only complained about the jerky throttle and stalling ( which is all good and it didn't ever stall for me )

The ride home was a revelation and it actually handles pretty good.  laughingdp  laughingdp  I am totally amazed that the rear would make the front act like it did.  I ridden lots of bikes through the years and when the rear goes flat you feel it.  Your butt moves, the rear end of the bike does the hula. Not this bike.  Way too fricken funny.

Rear tire replacement is another day, another project but at least it's just a tire. I was thinking new oil in the front forks and a possible fork rebuild work -- no kidding the front felt that bad. At this point I don't know why the front felt so bad and nothing bad from the back.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:35:54 AM by MadDuck » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3384 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »

Before leaving the shop last night I brought the rear tire up to 40 psi, according to the shop gauge.  I checked it this morning before leaving for work and the home gauge had it at 38 psi.  Is a very slow leak.

Still cracks me up that I was riding it as hard as I ever do.   [moto]

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3385 on: January 24, 2011, 09:02:12 AM »

So did you adjust the front end dampening back to the original settings? 

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3386 on: January 24, 2011, 04:06:57 PM »

test rode a BMW 323is with the customer, customer was complaining of 'not enough power to power slide in a curve' ... I think I showed he was either wrong or doesn't know how to drive ... btw an E36 ...5sp

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3387 on: January 24, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »

Before leaving the shop last night I brought the rear tire up to 40 psi, according to the shop gauge.  I checked it this morning before leaving for work and the home gauge had it at 38 psi.  Is a very slow leak.

Still cracks me up that I was riding it as hard as I ever do.   [moto]

Wow.  Go go strong sidewalls!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3388 on: January 24, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »

Wow.  Go go strong sidewalls!

was thinking the same thing, but figured I would let someone else comment as I seem to be monopolizing things as of late... Grin

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3389 on: January 24, 2011, 07:23:32 PM »

Waay back when in college, I went to check my tire pressures one day, possibly for the first time ever, and definitely for the first time in quite a while.  Anyway, both tires were under 10psi.  I had no idea.  Combo of sidewall strength and total ignorance, I suppose. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: