Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 08:15:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535942 times)
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3660 on: April 07, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »

jebus,

was offered a brand new in the box giant talon 3 for $700.00[remeber i'm not in the US] ... is it a good choice .. been so long away from the sport ...

Hmm.  Is it 2011?  If so, maybe.  I don't know how harsh the markup is for you down there, cause it's obviously above MSRP.  The 2011 looks reasonable enough though.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3661 on: April 08, 2011, 02:30:42 AM »

Went to get the SD registered yesterday.  Got down to the DMV only to realize that the city of Honolulu had mistakenly registered the bike as a 2000 model year instead of a 2008.  Called USAA, and the title they have reflects the same.   laughingdp

Wonder if I can use that info to get cheaper insurance rates?   Wink

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3662 on: April 08, 2011, 08:36:35 AM »

Went to get the SD registered yesterday.  Got down to the DMV only to realize that the city of Honolulu had mistakenly registered the bike as a 2000 model year instead of a 2008.  Called USAA, and the title they have reflects the same.   laughingdp

Wonder if I can use that info to get cheaper insurance rates?   Wink

God bless the C&C of Honolulu.  Now your SD is worth doo-doo.   laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3663 on: April 08, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »

Now your SD is worth doo-doo.   laughingdp

I'll give you $1750 shipped, 'cause you're my friend... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3664 on: April 08, 2011, 03:07:01 PM »

God bless the C&C of Honolulu.  Now your SD is worth doo-doo.   laughingdp

Surprisingly enough, the lady I spoke with changed the data over the phone, and is sending a corrected title to USAA.  PLUS, she said she was going to go ahead and renew the registration for me on both bikes.   Talk about aloha from across the sea!  waytogo

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3665 on: April 08, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »

Surprisingly enough, the lady I spoke with changed the data over the phone, and is sending a corrected title to USAA.  PLUS, she said she was going to go ahead and renew the registration for me on both bikes.   Talk about aloha from across the sea!  waytogo

wished they were like that here ... my bike from one year to the other became a single cylinder with a 125cc engine and 5 sp ....plus  my bike has a brake booster ... go figure !!!

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3666 on: April 08, 2011, 07:58:20 PM »

just switched from state farm to geico today and saved almost 400 bucks with practically the same coverage minus the free towing. funny thing is that when i got my bike in 09 state farm was the cheapest at the time.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3667 on: April 09, 2011, 03:54:23 AM »

Geico blew everyone out of the water for my insurance when I was down there.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3668 on: April 09, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »

Short ride to Tantalus* and then down to the shop where I watched Rick fabricate a brace for his license plate bracket...then to home where I finished prepping the M for tomorrow's SCCA Hawaii  Runoffs...

*a few spots have gravel & debris on the road where you don't expect it...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3669 on: April 10, 2011, 05:57:54 PM »

Yes I did fabricate a reinforcement bracket for the 848 license plate yesterday. The Competition Werkes fender eliminator has a design flaw & it will crack at the top of the plate mount. I had added a brace plate a while back while Ben was still here. I rushed through the job at that time and I knew that I would have to re-visit that job. So that was done properly yesterday & now I can say that all the work on the 848 is done. Done I say. Brandon is already egging me on to do more but I feel no real further inspiration at this time. No nagging thoughts in the back of my mind.

So with that I had a Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Stout last night and some others. Also had an 85th Anniversary Avo cigar. All in the spirit of celebration.  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3670 on: April 10, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »

What else is Brandon trying to get you to do?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3671 on: April 10, 2011, 06:50:55 PM »

The carbon trim panels under the tank & seat.  Maybe later but I definitely not feeling any urge or hint of urge.  I'm all good now.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3672 on: April 11, 2011, 02:03:59 AM »

I'm all good now.

waytogo

BUT, let me know when you decide to let go of those forks and calipers.   Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3673 on: April 11, 2011, 08:24:39 AM »

waytogo

BUT, let me know when you decide to let go of those forks and calipers.   Grin

You've got first dibs, OK?  What would you use them on? Just curious.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3674 on: April 11, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »

You've got first dibs, OK?  What would you use them on? Just curious.

Right now, the SC.  But who knows what the future would bring.

You do realize I'm talking about the R&Ts, right? 

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: