Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 02:33:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535850 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3735 on: May 09, 2011, 10:17:24 PM »

When are you going and how long are you going to be away?  Need anyone to keep the SF in a nice, safe, secure place?

Going to San Diego for my grand daughter's college graduation, be back on the 24th...hopefully the SF will be okay, thanks for the offer though.... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3736 on: May 09, 2011, 11:17:53 PM »

Need a ride to the airport Gene?  I gather I live just a couple blocks from you.

Thanks for your generous offer, but my other grand daughter is providing transportation for our 6:45 am flight...

Are you in Foster Village also?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3737 on: May 09, 2011, 11:56:44 PM »

Okay thanks...we should get together sometime, I'd like to see the matrix...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3738 on: May 10, 2011, 02:08:50 AM »

You can't see it.  But you can ride it! Evil. Look me up when you get back.

Sure...  He extends the offer to the old guy. 

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3739 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:50 AM »

Look me up when you get back.

I'll do that... waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3740 on: May 10, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »

I live off Kaonohi St. near the Pearl Country Club.  If anything changes let me know.  I can drop you off on my way to work.

Gee, for some reason I thought you lived up around Turtle Bay / North Shore. Duh. When you get around to replacing the cam belts I'd like to help/watch, if that's OK.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3741 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:01 AM »

Sure...  He extends the offer to the old guy. 

Grin

That's OK, the old guy ( read the oldest guy ) has ridden the 848 so he'll do fine. He doesn't really go for the riding position though. Actually I think this is a thinly veiled request to ride the Streetfighter to compare the three bikes. Sounds like something I'd plan out.  Grin laughingdp Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3742 on: May 11, 2011, 08:43:07 AM »

Weekends. Do you have tools to turn the engine and lock it?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3743 on: May 11, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »

Looks like I'm going to miss out on this... Sad...not that it would do anything for me as I won't be changing my own cam belts anytime soon...would be good to observe though...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:19:32 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #3744 on: May 11, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »

Yesterday, rode the bicycle from downtown to lagoon drive and back to Ala Moana beach park after work.  Follow by 3 miles of running, now my legs are tired.  This is all in preparation for my first sprint triathlon for this sunday.  tell me i am crazy.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3745 on: May 11, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »

Yesterday, rode the bicycle from downtown to lagoon drive and back to Ala Moana beach park after work.  Follow by 3 miles of running, now my legs are tired.  This is all in preparation for my first sprint triathlon for this sunday.  tell me i am crazy.

You are crazy !!!

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3746 on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »

Yesterday, rode the bicycle from downtown to lagoon drive and back to Ala Moana beach park after work.  Follow by 3 miles of running, now my legs are tired.  This is all in preparation for my first sprint triathlon for this sunday.  tell me i am crazy.

So you should be available for the pending two man Monthly Duc Ride on Saturday, right?... Grin

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3747 on: May 11, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »

Just got an email from MotoWheels.  Shorai batteries are now in stock.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3748 on: May 11, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »

Saturday May 21?  I'll have it stripped in advance.  I have the turning tool.  What is used to lock?  Can I put it in gear & dog the rear brake?  I've ordered the shop manual for it so I'll have all of the torque specs.

5-21 will work for me. We'll have to jury rig a lock. I'm thinking. It'd be good to lock the cams too. I'm thinking.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3749 on: May 11, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »

I should be able to make it by 9 am.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: