Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 03:19:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535106 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4350 on: October 20, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »

Pretty sure the M1000Sie's had goldline masters...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4351 on: October 20, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »

Pretty sure the M1000Sie's had goldline masters...

Yes I got the masters and the calipers off the same bike ... with lines ... the only black caliper now is the rear one ... but, I only use it on traffic lights and very very emergency braking situations

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4352 on: October 20, 2011, 04:56:29 PM »

Is it a good offer, good enough to leave Paradise?

it wasn't anything official, and if it were to even happen, I'd be taking a pay cut.

then add the headaches of dealing with this place, finding a new place, the cost of moving, etc.  Roll Eyes

but the pros would be the intangibles of the work environment, the ability to road-trip, etc.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4353 on: October 20, 2011, 05:19:35 PM »

also getting pretty tired of the 4k surge... I might need to start saving my pennies for a 14T and DP ECU

Do your research before you pop for the DP ECU as the newer ones run closed loop below 5k rpms and will not cure any fueling issues below that point...you'll more than likely need an ECU reflash ($250-$300) unless you want to go with something tuneable like the Bazzaz...FatDucs are a less expensive option if available for your bike,  but won't do the job as well as a reflash...good luck!

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
teddy037.3
« Reply #4354 on: October 20, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »

if the race kit eliminates the cat and O2 sensors, wouldn't that cease to be closed loop? i'd imagine the DP ECU that comes with that would be ok
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4355 on: October 20, 2011, 07:40:55 PM »

if the race kit eliminates the cat and O2 sensors, wouldn't that cease to be closed loop? i'd imagine the DP ECU that comes with that would be ok

The race kit ECU runs in closed loop mode on newer Ducatis, from 2009 and onward I believe...see below response from DNA in reference to a letter regarding this subject from a fellow F1098 owner...

Dear Mr. Kloss,

Thank you for contacting Ducati North America.

We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the performance of your new Ducati Streetfighter. In regards to your question about the Full Racing Exhaust Kit, this is a closed loop system. We hope that you continue to enjoy this wonderful machine.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us or an Authorized Ducati Dealership. To find an Authorized Ducati Dealership, please visit www.ducatiusa.com and click on "Dealer Locator" or utilize our dealer locator by phoning 1-800-231-6696.

Best regards,

Customer Service
DUCATI North America
10443 Bandley Drive
Cupertino, CA 95014

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4356 on: October 20, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »

Did somebody say "GET OFF MY LAWN"?  

cheeky

Funny you should say that. I was thinking "Walt" when I was posting the reply.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4357 on: October 20, 2011, 11:23:25 PM »

Do your research before you pop for the DP ECU as the newer ones run closed loop below 5k rpms and will not cure any fueling issues below that point...you'll more than likely need an ECU reflash ($250-$300) unless you want to go with something tuneable like the Bazzaz...FatDucs are a less expensive option if available for your bike,  but won't do the job as well as a reflash...good luck!

All of that is true for the most part. My '09 runs an open loop but it must have been some of the early mods. Will was amazed that Majdi's ECU & cans were set up for open loop. They should have been the closed loop below 5K but for some reason they weren't. Anyhow the throttles and mixtures have to be spot on. On a related note nothing you're running can be as bad as DRKWNG's SD in it's early days. You have no idea how wild surging and backfire can get. At that time the only way around it was to just idle along or ride it harder & harder whilst holding part throttle open as you braked.   Evil  Dolph  Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4358 on: October 21, 2011, 08:34:04 AM »

well, then I'm lost...

Roll Eyes
WillS

« Reply #4359 on: October 21, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »

the dp ecu for the hym796 will retain closed loop, but it will run better.
a remapped/reflashed ecu can be made to be open with that ecu.

kevin, another hym 796 owner got the full system and was happy with the results, he installed it himself being that there is not too much actual adjusting that would be done at the shop
teddy037.3
« Reply #4360 on: October 21, 2011, 01:09:05 PM »

shiny, thanks for the info will  waytogo

too bad I don't have any kids to sell for that 2-1...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4361 on: October 21, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »

Didn't mean to cause any confusion, just didn't want to see you spend gobs of $$$ and not get what you were wishing for...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4362 on: October 21, 2011, 02:31:32 PM »

Funny you should say that. I was thinking "Walt" when I was posting the reply.  Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4363 on: October 21, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »

Didn't mean to cause any confusion, just didn't want to see you spend gobs of $$$ and not get what you were wishing for...

np
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4364 on: October 21, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

With a little help from my son and his wife, became a grandfather again today...7 lb 6 oz healthy baby boy... Grin

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: