Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 05:24:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535163 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4335 on: October 19, 2011, 08:46:10 AM »

No, but you didn't state that one particular person one won the race.   cheeky

I can fix things too.  It's one of those tricky English language things.   Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4336 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:32 PM »

And there you have it folks........ the unseen arm of a distant moderator completely wiping out my post and replacing it with........... I don't know ......... something else

lol  Something irrelevant?  I just wiped the part where you said you were partially guilty as well, as it went back to giving away the result of the race. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4337 on: October 19, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »

I respect your mod duties  Police, but I don't think my post required editing or a partial deletion.  I don't know anyone that thought the outcome was going to be different.  The print media and motoGP race commentators have speculated this outcome for well over a month...I equate it to someone being shocked that Checka won WSBK.  I'll respect the rules and will keep race related comments under the spoiler thread.

Yes...I do enjoy cheese w/ my "whine"  Vino!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:44:24 AM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4338 on: October 20, 2011, 02:31:46 AM »

I edited your post because there is a long standing rule that no member will announce the result of any race unless it is either in a thread where that information is expected, and/or the post itself gives fair warning that there is a spoiler within.  There are plenty of cases (no, I'm not talking about myself here) where people have avoided the media sources that are known to post results of a race just to find that someone had posted the info up in a thread.  Regardless of what anyone expected out of the race/season, posting a spoiler is something we just don't do here.

I can fix things too.  It's one of those tricky English language things.   Grin

It's an iPhone thing.  You wouldn't understand.   cheeky

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4339 on: October 20, 2011, 08:38:24 AM »

It's an iPhone thing.  You wouldn't understand.   cheeky

( In a cranky, curmudgeonly voice ) You're darn right! And not sure of any appreciable benefit or otherwise life enhancing experience either! Yet, anyway. I do recognize the value of this for others though in the ever increasing networking rage. There is a part of me that understands the potential for economic benefit from this but it seems to require an almost slavish devotion to being "on the grid" at all times. For the time being I think I'd rather limit my time there and I do fantasize about being totally "off the grid" but that is just not all that possible.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4340 on: October 20, 2011, 12:53:55 PM »

Did somebody say "GET OFF MY LAWN"? 

cheeky

teddy037.3
« Reply #4341 on: October 20, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »

Trim adjustment? ...

they said everything was shiny at the 600 service

Where joo going?  Another Washington trip?

yep, was in bremerton again. basically got a job offer, too lol

overall, the last two weeks have been way more stress than I need in my life
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4342 on: October 20, 2011, 03:49:24 PM »

Aloha kakou ...

they said everything was shiny at the 600 service

yep, was in bremerton again. basically got a job offer, too lol

overall, the last two weeks have been way more stress than I need in my life

OK, on the all ok on 600svc ... but weird since you are complaining ...

Is it a good offer, good enough to leave Paradise?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4343 on: October 20, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »

OK, on the all ok on 600svc ... but weird since you are complaining ...

Is it a good offer, good enough to leave Paradise?

yep, everything checked out, but the 100-ish miles since, that pop has gotten more noticable, and annoying.  also getting pretty tired of the 4k surge... I might need to start saving my pennies for a 14T and DP ECU
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4344 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:19 PM »

yep, everything checked out, but the 100-ish miles since, that pop has gotten more noticable, and annoying.  also getting pretty tired of the 4k surge... I might need to start saving my pennies for a 14T and DP ECU

first week of November, I'm installing, if I get the pads, the big brakes on my bike ... 320mm+Goldline 4pot+floating rotors+radial masters+Oberon slave clutch cylinder ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4345 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:53 PM »

the 4 pots are fantastic brakes... two fingers for pull and it just scrubs off speed  Dolph

what size masters are you going to run?
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4346 on: October 20, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »

the 4 pots are fantastic brakes... two fingers for pull and it just scrubs off speed  Dolph

what size masters are you going to run?

they came off a M1000Sie >>> 2005 ... think brake is 16mm and clutch is 13mm

Carlos
teddy037.3
« Reply #4347 on: October 20, 2011, 04:08:16 PM »

the S had radials? or are they the gold pee-cups?
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4348 on: October 20, 2011, 04:13:53 PM »

the S had radials? or are they the gold pee-cups?

Yes ... well, with plastic round reservoirs ... I have already Frentubo lines for all brakes and clutch ... SSR reservoir caps Braking rotors and will have EBC pads ... and by this time next year, ADSS powder coated black ..

Carlos
teddy037.3
« Reply #4349 on: October 20, 2011, 04:19:23 PM »

ahhh, okie. you'll be running the same setup I had on my old bike, then  waytogo well, iirc I had the evo slave... good stuff, though, you'll like it a lot!
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: