Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 02:18:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514545 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5625 on: May 27, 2013, 01:39:23 PM »

You call that an edit?

Expanded version, edit, whatever.......... get off my case.......   Grin Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5626 on: May 27, 2013, 01:56:59 PM »

Expanded version, edit, whatever.......... get off my case.......   Grin Grin

Can't make me!   Cheesy

And just because I've always been there to help push you over the edge in times like this, consider this me pulling you back away from said edge. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5627 on: May 27, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »

Can't make me!   Cheesy

And just because I've always been there to help push you over the edge in times like this, consider this me pulling you back away from said edge. 

I'm not going to part with it easily.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5628 on: May 29, 2013, 04:50:09 PM »

No mountain biking for me today, so I dusted off the Seven and took it out for a twenty mile jaunt. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5629 on: June 01, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »

No bicycling this morning.   Tongue   Sleeping in was wonderful!   Cheesy  Sold a seat cowl this afternoon.  waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5630 on: June 01, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »

That last post, at 1:48 pm today, got us to 100,000 views of this thread.  How about that!!  Dolph

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5631 on: June 02, 2013, 12:55:38 AM »

Borrowed a Niner from one of the local shops and took it out for a few laps of singletrack.  Interesting bike for sure.  Designed as a cross country race bike, but it didn't seem to steer all that intuitively.  Rear suspension felt great though, even considering it only had 76mm of travel.

That last post, at 1:48 pm today, got us to 100,000 views of this thread.  How about that!!  Dolph

waytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5632 on: June 02, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »

More mountain biking.  Took the borrowed Niner down to fountainhead for about twelve miles worth.  Bike handled these trails much better than yesterday's, but I'm still not sure about it.  It definitely likes the faster trails with beamed turns, and doesn't do so well in the tight and twisty stuff.  Guess it's more of a west coast design...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5633 on: June 02, 2013, 07:46:40 PM »

So what's so great about a 29" as opposed to a 27"?  Ground clearance?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5634 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »

You mean 29" vs 26"?  The larger diameter tires have an easier time rolling over obstacles on the trail, and while they can be a bit heavier, they maintain their momentum better once you get them up to speed.  They are slower to accelerate, due to the increased mass, but are also slower to decelerate.  You also get a larger contact patch between the tire and the ground, which enhances the traction.  Most people claim/report shaving significant time off of a specified loop/trail when they transition to the larger wheel size.  My thing is that I'm currently riding a bike that is based on a nine year old frame.  The fork is close to toast, and it would end up costing me somewhere near $700 just to replace the fork with something I'd be interested in owning.  At that point, I'm close enough to getting a new bike.  Yeah, I know there's quite a bit of difference between spending $700 on a fork and $3+ grand on a new bike, but hey.  This way I get to go to the new tech and still have my old bike as a spare.  Wink

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5635 on: June 04, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »

So....... in effect, you're saying that you're going to pop $3k ( that's all?  Grin ) for a new bike and then another $700.00 ( give or take ) to put forks on your old bike.   laughingdp  laughingdp

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5636 on: June 04, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »

Nope.  $3K to keep from spending $700 on a new fork for my current bike.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5637 on: June 04, 2013, 10:09:11 PM »

Nope.  $3K to keep from spending $700 on a new fork for my current bike.

Wanna bet?    Grin

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5638 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:18 AM »

Wanna bet?    Grin

Yep.  I'll actually be pulling some of the nicer parts off of it to put on the new one.  Doubt the old one will be ridden much after that, except for if/when the new one is down for maintenance.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5639 on: June 05, 2013, 08:27:39 AM »

This way I get to go to the new tech and still have my old bike as a spare.  Wink

See, now that's a bit different.  I was under the impression that you would get a new bike and have a complete spare bike ( read as second bike ).  You're talking about having a bike to get spare parts off of it thus rendering it non-rideable.  I was looking at it like having two rideable bikes, the old one to use if something happened to the new one or you needed a spare bike for a friend to use, something like that, in which case you might fix/replace the forks.

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: