Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 02:28:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514563 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5640 on: June 21, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »

Bled the SF's clutch slave and re-installed the quieter of my two sets of db killers...need to be more stealthy...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5641 on: June 22, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »

...need to be more stealthy...

FALSE!! 

Open that puppy all the way up so cops flee for their lives!

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5642 on: July 04, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »

http://www.strava.com/activities/64779559

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5643 on: July 04, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »

Ben,

I took a look at your bike in our local dealer . . . would have to get a second mortgage in my house Shocked

Whatever happened to the $600~$800 bikes that where actually good . . . I am not a pro I just want to get in shape and have friend who ride

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5644 on: July 04, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

Yeah, the new mountain bike wasn't cheap, that's for sure.  I'm going to be taking a few lengthy work trips overseas in the next year and a half though, so I figured might was well live a little now...

The ride posted above wasn't on the Santa Cruz though, it was on my road bike.  It wasn't cheap either.    Roll Eyes

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5645 on: July 04, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »

I assumed . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5646 on: July 04, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »

Got a Monster gas tank ready for Ebay/CL.  Pictures done & all packed, ready to go.

Changed out another rear tire & tube on the Seven.   bang head  bang head  Spending more on bicycle tires than I am on motorbike & car tires.   Angry

Cleaned garage a bit.  There's a beer & BBQ in here sometime soon.   chug

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5647 on: July 04, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »

Changed out another rear tire & tube on the Seven. 

Puncture?

PS: it's after Tuesday... 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5648 on: July 04, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »

Puncture?

PS: it's after Tuesday... 

Small kine.  A bit of coiled wire got stuck in it and was hitting the seat stay every time it came around. Going flat of course so I pulled out the wire, stuck a new tube in and rode home. Two days later the tire was flat from just sitting.  I'm going to carry a paint stick with me so I can mark the spot where the flat happened and then patch the tire from the inside.

I'm perfectly aware of what day it is.  You'll be the first to know if anything happens.   Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5649 on: July 13, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »

Picked up my monster with the new 2CT tire installed.  Did the usual Sunday ride without NS.  First impression compare to Q2 and Pure, 2CT feels better than the Pure, smoother transition on the lean.  The ride has a harder feel than the Q2, probably a harder compound.  I feel less of the road than the Q2.  So my preference, Q2, 2CT Pilot, then Pure.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5650 on: July 13, 2013, 08:44:28 PM »

Picked up my monster with the new 2CT tire installed.  Did the usual Sunday ride without NS.  First impression compare to Q2 and Pure, 2CT feels better than the Pure, smoother transition on the lean.  The ride has a harder feel than the Q2, probably a harder compound.  I feel less of the road than the Q2.  So my preference, Q2, 2CT Pilot, then Pure.

How's the bike running, did they address the "popping" on decal?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5651 on: July 13, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »

Its still popping, I will take it in at another time .
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5652 on: July 13, 2013, 10:50:09 PM »

Good stuff.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5653 on: July 13, 2013, 10:51:38 PM »

Did you check the tire pressures?  Sometimes they overfill them.

Flaboi796

« Reply #5654 on: July 14, 2013, 01:24:33 AM »

Hello everyone, new to forum and Hawaii. Been here for almost a year now and bought a 796 back in December. You guys meet up for rides ever? See lots of monsters around...

Today, I swapped out the 796 exhaust with the evo headers and competition werkes slipon.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: