Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 01:25:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534286 times)

« Reply #4770 on: February 09, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »

I was going to say.  laughingdp  Good to see you making some runs up there again.

Yeah, it was fun.  I should be doing it more often as it is so close for me!

Mac,  I have to tell you again how much I love the M900 you sold me.  It continues to amaze me how much fun it is to ride & how a a 14 year old bike can always garner so much attention and compliments!!   Dolph

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4771 on: February 09, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »

OFP= old fighter pilot

for the record, I no longer refer to myself as Old Fighter Pilot...'fighter pilot will do fine as I'm trying project a younger public image... Grin

Oh, and nice score on the Q2s... waytogo
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:07:53 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #4772 on: February 10, 2012, 01:03:22 AM »

Apology FP.  Didn't notice the update.  Yes, it was definitely a steal for 250. Now I can't wait to get them on and get a feel.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4773 on: February 10, 2012, 03:17:31 AM »

So I guess everyone down there is swearing on the Q2s now?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4774 on: February 10, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »

Don't know just yet. Brandon is putting / has put Pures on his S1000RR but I haven't talked to him for a bit.  David has Pures on order for his 1198SP.  He's used them before and likes them a lot.

I've only ridden one weekend on the Boxer Cup after the Q2's were installed and I liked them right away. I like the Pures now that they are good and broken in but I'm not totally so in love with them that I'd buy another set. Goto needs tires on the HyperS to pass safety check so I might swap my wheels/tires over to his bike and then put Q's on his wheels which I would fit to the 848. If that's all at my expense then it sounds like a good trade to me.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4775 on: February 10, 2012, 07:30:10 PM »

Changed oil/filter and bled the clutch & front brakes on the SF this afternoon...mileage is 18,543... Dolph

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4776 on: February 10, 2012, 10:00:03 PM »

Changed oil/filter and bled the clutch & front brakes on the SF this afternoon...mileage is 18,543... Dolph

3,500 miles behind you but coasting for a bit over the next few weeks. Might see more of the R1100S when you see me. We'll soon be needing some extra parking space at BME so I might have to bring the red one home.  Darn.  

Oh,  got a fistful of half rings for 7mm & 8mm valve stems today. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:01:43 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4777 on: February 11, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »

Here are the first 2x press articles (Visor Down / MCN) I've seen related to a "first ride" review of the 1199...first time I've read an article that doesn't complain about a Duc's ergos!  

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-ducati-1199-panigale-s/20053.html

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2012/February/Feb10DucatiPanigale/

I'm looking forward to the '12 superbike shootout articles  Dolph
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:24:31 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4778 on: February 11, 2012, 03:17:20 PM »

Q2's will be my next tire as well.  The Keith Code school run the Q2's on all their S1000RR track bikes w/ great rider/student reviews.  They were also positively reviewed in various tire-shootout articles (see link below).

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/545/8295/Motorcycle-Article/Dunlop-Sportmax-Q2-Tire-Comparison-Review.aspx

I replaced my tires 4500mi ago...I ruled out the Power Pures and almost bought the Q2s.  I ended up buying the OEM Pirelli Supercorsa SP's at a great price...however, both sets squared off from street riding where I'm mostly upright...sans 13 corners/norfolk or military track day.  The supercorsa's are fun, predictable, w/ plenty of grip and will wear down evenly on a track....but my "OPINION" is the Q2's provide virtually equal amount of grip, consistent feedback/feel and provide better longevity on the street (dual compound) for us street-locked mortals. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:09:32 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4779 on: February 12, 2012, 01:36:23 AM »

Here are the first 2x press articles (Visor Down / MCN) I've seen related to a "first ride" review of the 1199...first time I've read an article that doesn't complain about a Duc's ergos!  

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-first-rides/first-ride-ducati-1199-panigale-s/20053.html

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2012/February/Feb10DucatiPanigale/

I'm looking forward to the '12 superbike shootout articles  Dolph

At long last........ sounds like the best of all the worlds we've seen......

Alas I'll have to make do with what I've got for quite a while..... not that is a bad thing  Evil

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4780 on: February 12, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »

MacDuck,

Never commented back on the compression pressures of my bike . . . how you find them?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4781 on: February 12, 2012, 05:00:16 PM »

The bike engine specs at a 10.5:1 compression ratio and the numbers you listed might be good for about 11:1.  These can change a bit depending on how the test is done and who knows, there could be a bit of carbon buildup.  The bike is supposed to make 60 bhp or 62 bhp depending on which literary source is doing the reporting. The 750 Monster doesn't make 70 hp so while yours may be a good running sample it might be a bit of a stretch to think that it is actually making the 70 hp that someone thought it might be getting. No matter really. A well ridden 620 can easily hang with a not-so-well ridden Monster 900/1000.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4782 on: February 12, 2012, 05:18:33 PM »

The bike engine specs at a 10.5:1 compression ratio and the numbers you listed might be good for about 11:1.  These can change a bit depending on how the test is done and who knows, there could be a bit of carbon buildup.  The bike is supposed to make 60 bhp or 62 bhp depending on which literary source is doing the reporting. The 750 Monster doesn't make 70 hp so while yours may be a good running sample it might be a bit of a stretch to think that it is actually making the 70 hp that someone thought it might be getting. No matter really. A well ridden 620 can easily hang with a not-so-well ridden Monster 900/1000.

at the time the bike had 5345kms . . . or about 3321miles riden

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

« Reply #4783 on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »

Hey MacDuck,
Just wanted to  thank you for your help with the seat bolt today!  
I am one, and I know there is a lot of of Ducati & KTM riders out their that appreciate all your
help on various projects / service etc.  many thanks   applause waytogo chug

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4784 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »

Hey MacDuck,
Just wanted to  thank you for your help with the seat bolt today!  
I am one, and I know there is a lot of of Ducati & KTM riders out their that appreciate all your
help on various projects / service etc.  many thanks   applause waytogo chug

Hear! Hear!... chug
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:02:19 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: