Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 01:27:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534294 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4785 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:06 PM »

KTM what?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4786 on: February 12, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »

KTM what?

No KTM experience what-so-ever, apart from riding them.  Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #4787 on: February 12, 2012, 09:58:23 PM »

No KTM experience what-so-ever, apart from riding them.  Roll Eyes

My bad...I thought had maybe done things on Ben's bike

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4788 on: February 12, 2012, 11:58:04 PM »

So, I've been racking my brains once again over the BMW!  I'm forcing myself to commit this week to either keeping my bike or selling it for the S1000RR.  I spoke w/ Bill today...he has a black one that "should" arrive in March/April.       

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4789 on: February 13, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »

So, I've been racking my brains once again over the BMW!  I'm forcing myself to commit this week to either keeping my bike or selling it for the S1000RR.  I spoke w/ Bill today...he has a black one that "should" arrive in March/April.       

No Panigale?... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #4790 on: February 14, 2012, 01:59:30 AM »

No Panigale?... Evil

Nah, not for now!  I gave Bill at SSC my down payment for an S1000RR.  It's for a black model that should be here in March, but I asked him to look for a motorsport colored unit for me...both are sharp, but there is something about the BMW motorsport colors!  I'll try my luck at selling the Duc on Craigslist while I wait...this makes my afternoon a bit bitter/sweet!   

On a different note, SSC now has a '12 S1000RR demo model on the floor.  Once Bill puts on the first 200 miles, he might need help racking up 2300 more miles so he can sell it (2500 miles min required before the demo can be sold).   Evil

Dolph

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4791 on: February 14, 2012, 07:34:40 AM »

On a different note, SSC now has a '12 S1000RR demo model on the floor.  Once Bill puts on the first 200 miles, he might need help racking up 2300 more miles so he can sell it (2500 miles min required before the demo can be sold).   Evil

Dolph

That may take awhile as they are reluctant to cough up demo rides and when they do it's only around the block...

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #4792 on: February 14, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »

Yesterday... Met with Kerry and returned his lost wallet, which was found by my co-worker on Kalanianaole Hwy.  Talking about small world...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4793 on: February 14, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »

Yesterday... Met with Kerry and returned his lost wallet, which was found by my co-worker on Kalanianaole Hwy.  Talking about small world...

Too funny.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4794 on: February 14, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »

Nah, not for now!  I gave Bill at SSC my down payment for an S1000RR.  It's for a black model that should be here in March, but I asked him to look for a motorsport colored unit for me...both are sharp, but there is something about the BMW motorsport colors!  I'll try my luck at selling the Duc on Craigslist while I wait...this makes my afternoon a bit bitter/sweet!   

If the end result gives you a ride better suited to you then by all means go for it and don't look back.  waytogo  You might take a beating on the price for your 1198 with all the other ones out there for sale though. And there are some folks who have their bikes priced so high it makes you wonder if they want to sell them.   cheeky

sofadriver

An analog man in a digital world

« Reply #4795 on: February 14, 2012, 08:11:07 PM »

boy, all this talk about buying expensive new motorcycles......

it took me a week to grow a set and finally pull the trigger on a new jacket!  cheeky

http://www.beachmoto.com/revit/jackets/cr-leather.php

Mike in Tacoma
'08 S2r 1000 - Red on Red
'96 900 SS/SP
'02 ST4s (gone but not forgotten)

IBA 38181

« Reply #4796 on: February 14, 2012, 09:45:32 PM »

boy, all this talk about buying expensive new motorcycles......

it took me a week to grow a set and finally pull the trigger on a new jacket!  cheeky

http://www.beachmoto.com/revit/jackets/cr-leather.php

Very nice jacket!!! waytogo

Just need to get a Ducati Corse emblem sewn & you done
 Dolph

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

« Reply #4797 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44:42 PM »

If the end result gives you a ride better suited to you then by all means go for it and don't look back.  waytogo  You might take a beating on the price for your 1198 with all the other ones out there for sale though. And there are some folks who have their bikes priced so high it makes you wonder if they want to sell them.   cheeky

I was surprised to see the craigslist prices too...I don't have any grand illusions for what my bike is worth.  KBB retail is 11,900, but I'll start listing at 11,400 obo.  I'd accept a reasonable offer...the bike has 8200mi, well maintained and is still under warranty.  I already know I'll miss the sound of the L-twin engine roar and bottom/mid range power!  I won't be any faster on the street, but I find its ergos more comfortable and electronics more user friendly.  I've been struggling w/ the decision to buy it before I bought the Duc...I finally decided to make myself happy and commit!  You'll just have to get used to a BMW at the tail end of the Ducati train on Sudays :-)   bow down
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:55:10 PM by freeflydive » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4798 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:46 PM »

I was surprised to see the craigslist prices too...I don't have any grand illusions for what my bike is worth.  KBB retail is 11,900, but I'll likely list it for 11k-11,400 obo.  I'd accept a reasonable offer...the bike has 8200mi, well maintained and is still under warranty.  I already know I'll miss the sound of the L-twin engine roar and bottom/mid range power!  I won't be any faster on the street, but I find its ergos more comfortable and electronics more user friendly.  I've been struggling w/ the decision to buy it before I bought the Duc...I finally decided to make myself happy and commit!  You'll just have to get used to a BMW at the tail end of the Ducati train on Sudays :-)   bow down

I'd like to start the lowballing at $5K... Wink

freeflydive

« Reply #4799 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »

I'd like to start the lowballing at $5K... Wink

Do I hear 4k?!  Going once, going twice...sold to the lowest bidder for 5k!   chug

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: