Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 09:24:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534187 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4830 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »

I wanted to ride today, but appeared wet & gray throughout the morning.  We attended a Roller Derby match to cheer on a friend, then went to Gordon Biersch to celebrate the teams loss!  laughingdp  

Got my Q2 installed

Congrats on the new shoes, I'm glad you like them...I'll eventually get them when my tires wear out.  waytogo
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:01:05 AM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4831 on: February 26, 2012, 01:30:02 AM »

Got my Q2 installed, visited MD while he was performing valve adjustment on his old monster. rode thru semi dry tantalus, ewa off ramp, 13 turns, then Norfolk.  The verdict on the tire, I like them.  They feel softer than the pure, a solid planted feel.  Quite a confident building tire so far.

That has been my impression of them so far in my limited experience so far.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #4832 on: February 26, 2012, 01:47:43 AM »

Hi All....it was a great day for me!!
Mac got a lot done on (his old, my current) M900.
Valve adjust...new belts & got the new 2-1 exhaust on and fitted final fitting to be done Sun. along with new sprockets chain.

Also....my son is part of the 2012 Hawaii Division 1 High School Basketball Championship team!!!
Congratulation's Taylor (#20)!!!

Thanks again to Mac!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4833 on: February 26, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »

Spent a huge amount of time this weekend working on Frederick's bike. At one point today it took us a total of two hours to free two rusted bolts and get everything proper where they mount up. Actually think we could have finished the bike today if it hadn't been for that. As it is with the new exhaust this bike has to be the most trick Monster on the island. Not the newest, not the fastest but by far the best and most modded. The new exhaust, when finally finished, will be absolutely sick.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #4834 on: February 26, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »

well.....I am sure most of you that know Mac, know him as a very patient individual. waytogo
That patience was tested a couple times this weekend; even a few expletives were shouted, in angst!!!
I even questioned my own sanity in undertaking this project all at once, as things got weird.  But in theory (in my mind) Huh?
Doing all these mods, maintenance made economical-practical...efficient sense.
Well, after seeing the end 95% anyway things look, look very good!!
Thanks again Mac!! waytogo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4835 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »

where's da pics???

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4836 on: February 27, 2012, 02:28:16 AM »

laughingdp  I've seen him throw things around the shop a time or two. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4837 on: February 27, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »

laughingdp  I've seen him throw things around the shop a time or two. 

STFU!    I've mellowed considerably, which is another way of saying I've gotten older.  laughingdp  Nothing was thrown and even the cursing was minimal, for me anyway. That said, it was a grind and we're still not finished. I'll see if I can put on the airbox and fuel tank tonight, maybe.  We'll see how the day goes and what's going on after work.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4838 on: February 27, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »

where's da pics???

Working on those.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4839 on: February 27, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »

crapcakes! I forgot to bring that screw with me!

nobody would happen to know the size of the screw that holds the seat down on a hyper, eh?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4840 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »

crapcakes! I forgot to bring that screw with me!

nobody would happen to know the size of the screw that holds the seat down on a hyper, eh?

Thread size is 5mm x 0.8 methinks.  I could tell you for sure when I get home tonight but by then you will know too.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4841 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »

Thread size is 5mm x 0.8 methinks.  I could tell you for sure when I get home tonight but by then you will know too.

yep... was totally going to go shopping for a stainless replacement on the way home from work today. boo.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4842 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »

We'll see how the day goes and what's going on after work.

Mac, let me know if you need any help after hours.  I don't have any expertise, but I have 2x free hands to lend.

Cheers,
Majdi

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4843 on: February 27, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »

Working on those.

And here you go.......

This is a profile shot of the horizontal header

The down header from the vertical cyl

The collector -- sorry that I didn't get a real good shot of all the beautiful welding

And the rear hoop extenders to raise the rear end & ride height.  Getting the through bolts out of the swing arm tabs was the two hour angst.......

I ran out of battery so I'll have to post the comparo shot of this bike to a stock frame 620.  The ride height & swing arm angles are noticeably different.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:46:45 AM by MacDuck » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4844 on: February 27, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »

Looking good!...what kind of exhaust is that?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: