Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 01:13:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 523844 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5385 on: January 25, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »

Dropped off the bike for maint...just hit 6k miles.  I was too lazy to brave afternoon traffic, so I'll pick her up in the morning.

It's a BMW, don't you have hydraulic lifters and lifetime fill on the engine/transmission oil?... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5386 on: January 25, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »

I'll be down there in the morning picking up a belt tensioning tool, etc.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5387 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:37 PM »

It's a BMW, don't you have hydraulic lifters and lifetime fill on the engine/transmission oil?... Wink

Evil I picked her up yesterday afternoon. Having a prepaid maint. package makes the pick up easier on the mind (yes, it's a mind game)...the bike even felt like it rode w/ a bit more pep (possibly another mind trick)! 

There was an 1199 Tricolore in the showroom that I drooled over (not too much, just a bit).

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5388 on: January 29, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »

Found out today that rebuilding the 1098 engine is fiscal madness. Stupid.  Angry   Sad    I've done some fiscally dumb things in my time but I'm trying to stay away from the stupid ones now.  Dang!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5389 on: January 30, 2013, 06:41:15 AM »

?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5390 on: January 30, 2013, 08:40:51 AM »

?

I figure $5K. Not counting all the small, small stuff.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5391 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »

I figure $5K. Not counting all the small, small stuff.

I can believe that...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #5392 on: January 31, 2013, 08:51:36 PM »

On the way to drop off Teresa at the airport for her move back to Washington DC (ahead of our summer relocation).  She returns in May to help pack out our home, but time is already dragging by!  I ran across this photo which gave us a bit of comic relief.

« Reply #5393 on: February 01, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »

On the way to drop off Teresa at the airport for her move back to Washington DC (ahead of our summer relocation).  She returns in May to help pack out our home, but time is already dragging by!  I ran across this photo which gave us a bit of comic relief.

Roll Eyes waytogo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Spy+

« Reply #5394 on: February 01, 2013, 06:13:04 PM »

That luggage should have some heavy duty bearings  Evil

SF 848
M696
Can am spyder gsr
freeflydive

« Reply #5395 on: February 02, 2013, 02:06:21 AM »

That luggage should have some heavy duty bearings  Evil

I was thinking ceramic.    popcorn

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5396 on: February 06, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »

I tried to clean the oil leak over the crank case area by spraying break cleaner during the last weekend.   I may have sprayed too much,  the silver costing outside of the engine started to peel off.   Huh?  

Maybe degreaser would have been better?
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5397 on: February 06, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »

I tried to clean the oil leak over the crank case area by spraying break cleaner during the last weekend.   I may have sprayed too much,  the silver coating outside of the engine started to peel off.   Huh?  

Maybe degreaser would have been better?

You mean paint? 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5398 on: February 06, 2013, 11:05:04 PM »

I have two engines that I'll be cleaning this weekend and I'll be using brake cleaner spray.  Guess we'll see how it goes but I haven't ever had problems before, but then I have worked on small areas with water & air behind me.

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5399 on: February 07, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »

You mean paint? 

Could be, not on plastic parts, but the engine block.  I wii take a pic n attach later.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: