Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 10:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514878 times)

« Reply #5460 on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:01 AM »

You heard the man; respect your elders.

DO IT!!

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT !!!     Evil

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
rz3r0

« Reply #5461 on: March 06, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

SCs are nice... do it.  Grin
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5462 on: March 06, 2013, 03:42:32 PM »

SCs are nice... do it.  Grin

Especially this one.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.

« Reply #5463 on: March 06, 2013, 04:17:07 PM »

PLAYED "SPEED RACER" up around Tantalus.
First run on the Daytona up there....sure was fun!!!
Bike definately has way more ability than me.... Roll Eyes

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5464 on: March 06, 2013, 05:18:20 PM »

A little bump in the road and you guys have JIng on a new bike already!   laughingdp  Ben's right & I mentioned this in a phone call that the fuel hose to the pump is the most common culprit.  It takes a specially made fuel hose to live inside that gas tank too.  It is not the same hose that's on the outside. Ask me how I know.  Roll Eyes  That said, if it is the pump I have a good used one for sale just sitting in a box in the back room.

But..... If you're liking the SC you won't find a nicer one than what Ben is selling.   waytogo

All of you plus the picture are not making things easier to me.  1st thing first, fix the monster.  MD, I will buy the pump from you.  SSD called me today and it was the pump, quote "power and ground are good, but there is nothing at the pump.  New pump $1200, labor $175."

Even with me selling my monster, it is probably still at half way mark on Ben's SC.  I really do not think I can afford it.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5465 on: March 06, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

Jesus!!  $1200 for a fuel pump?

You'd be better off with my bike. 

Cheesy

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
sta

« Reply #5466 on: March 06, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »

It seems to be a common thing after a few years, http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/general-monster-forum/196149-bad-fuel-pump-wiring-06-s2r-1000-a.html

I will call SSD tomorrow to see if they can/willing to install a used part.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5467 on: March 06, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »

It's not hard to instal.  I'm sure Rick would be happy to assist/instruct for a six pack of Rasputin Imperial Stout.

sta

« Reply #5468 on: March 06, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »

It's not hard to instal.  I'm sure Rick would be happy to assist/instruct for a six pack of Rasputin Imperial Stout.

I know it's not hard and I am all willing to buy beer and learn a few tricks from MD.  The problem is to get it back from SSD.  With another tow, it's $100, maybe easier let them do it and save the trouble of tow then install.

« Reply #5469 on: March 06, 2013, 06:58:17 PM »

I know it's not hard and I am all willing to buy beer and learn a few tricks from MD.  The problem is to get it back from SSD.  With another tow, it's $100, maybe easier let them do it and save the trouble of tow then install.

Sta,
You gotta add towing, on your insurance policy.

I had the Monster towed 4 times....in the last 4 months that I owned it!!!
My annual premium with Progressive was $104..... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5470 on: March 06, 2013, 08:07:51 PM »

All of you plus the picture are not making things easier to me.  1st thing first, fix the monster.  MD, I will buy the pump from you.  SSD called me today and it was the pump, quote "power and ground are good, but there is nothing at the pump.  New pump $1200, labor $175."

Even with me selling my monster, it is probably still at half way mark on Ben's SC.  I really do not think I can afford it.

Just for grins do you have a part number? I believe they are all the same for the injected monsters but could be wrong. Dunno. My fuel pump is out of a metal tank version. I'll check as far as I can on my part.

How many miles on your bike? 

As much as I'd like to say get it out of the dealer my own time is extremely limited these days. By this coming weekend I will have been at the shop 21 straight days.   Tongue

I'm getting stir crazy.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5471 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:14 PM »

Rasputin only comes in 4 packs or by the CASE.  Go figure what I'd be happier with.   drink

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5472 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »

Jesus!!  $1200 for a fuel pump?

As much as I love my bike, that's why it's gonna be hard to own it without a warranty...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5473 on: March 06, 2013, 11:22:36 PM »

Just for grins do you have a part number? I believe they are all the same for the injected monsters but could be wrong. Dunno. My fuel pump is out of a metal tank version. I'll check as far as I can on my part.

I've been doing homework.  The part number for your fuel pump is 160.2.135.1A and is completely different from the pump I have. Your pump fits 2004 to 2008 Monsters and is very pricey.  There are some on eBay for $600.  If there was time enough we could it all apart & see if the actual pump part could be separated from the "flange" as they call it.  I'll be right up front about it and tell you that such a project could be a time consuming, frustrating downward spiral into a big headache, or not. I haven't been there as the pump on the first generation injected bikes is different as I said before. 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5474 on: March 07, 2013, 03:46:03 AM »

Rasputin only comes in 4 packs or by the CASE.  Go figure what I'd be happier with.   drink

Lush.

Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: