Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514912 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5505 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44:37 PM »

Caution with the counter-steer.  Put too much English on that bar and you'll find yourself laying on the ground wondering what happened.  The Daytona drops into turns MUCH easier/quicker than most other bikes.  Proper body positioning (weighting the bike) and just a bit of counter-steer will do you just fine up there on all but the sharpest of hairpins.

I didn't phrase that quite right.  Just meant to say while all bikes are turned by counter steering to one degree or another the sport bike really responds to that the best. When in doubt push on the grip. You just have to learn how much to push and when.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5506 on: March 09, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »

One other good thing about the Daytona; it recovers nicely when you decide to check traction levels of the lawns around Norfolk...

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5507 on: March 10, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »

One other good thing about the Daytona; it recovers nicely when you decide to check traction levels of the lawns around Norfolk...

Grin

As opposed to 1198's which don't handle lawns for shit.   Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5508 on: March 10, 2013, 12:40:20 PM »

Sorry for the darkish composition, it's raining outside today.

Anyway,  what's better -------- without carbon tank protector

or with protector

without

or with

Don't ask me why the third pic is out of focus. Settings were the same for all four.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:46:38 PM by MacDuck » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5509 on: March 10, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »

Red tank looks great MD...I prefer the plain tank look, but if you need a protector the Shift-tech is the best looking one...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #5510 on: March 10, 2013, 01:37:54 PM »

Red tank looks great MD...I prefer the plain tank look, but if you need a protector the Shift-tech is the best looking one...

I agree with FP.....plain looks better.
But, I would want some "buckle" protection....maybe a clear protector!!

That is one great looking 848!!   bow down

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5511 on: March 10, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »

Started the day off with some AMAZING coffee that a friend brought back from Columbia, then took D out to the park for some serious frisbee time.  Followed that up with about eight miles (I know, not that much really) of tight flowing singletrack on the mountain bike, and then completed the afternoon with fifty(ish) miles of twisty roads through the rolling horse country near my house.  

Time for  drink

And like everyone else, I like the clean look of the tank without the protector.  Think you can rig up something with clear 3M tape?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:48:23 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
rz3r0

« Reply #5512 on: March 10, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »

Holy crap MD, I always knew 848s were nice bikes... But yours is really nice!  waytogo Plain looks good, but if you wanna leave the protector on, it matches with your exhaust, and you're not over-doing the carbonfiber so it still looks nice. I like the plain look, but I'd say leave the protector on!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:15:04 PM by rz3r0 » Logged
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5513 on: March 10, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »

Don't ask me why the third pic is out of focus. Settings were the same for all four.   Roll Eyes

make the beast with two backsing IZ!  He somehow slipped into your garage and took control of your camera.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5514 on: March 10, 2013, 05:51:35 PM »

Autocrossed in the rain on R compound tires this afternoon...great fun it was, but I wouldn't want to do it more than a couple of times a year...Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5515 on: March 10, 2013, 07:04:55 PM »

make the beast with two backsing IZ!  He somehow slipped into your garage and took control of your camera.

That's almost the same exact thought I had.  laughingdp  WTF?   laughingdp  I've liked the plain tank look also but in person the tank protector makes the bike look a bit meaner.  I was checking out lots of bikes in the SSD service parking lot yesterday and none of the bike that didn't have protectors showed damage, or if they did, it was super minor.

Tankslapper makes a clear vinyl kit.  I might look into that.  Almost 4 years of slow steady work to get to this point.

What would you all think about a clear windscreen?  I think that's the next move

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5516 on: March 10, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »

Started the day off with some AMAZING coffee that a friend brought back from Columbia, then took D out to the park for some serious frisbee time.  Followed that up with about eight miles (I know, not that much really) of tight flowing singletrack on the mountain bike, and then completed the afternoon with fifty(ish) miles of twisty roads through the rolling horse country near my house.  

Time for  drink

I'm glad someone had a full day! 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5517 on: March 10, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

I'm glad someone had a full day! 

Me too.

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5518 on: March 11, 2013, 03:27:24 PM »

Definitely liking the red tank
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5519 on: March 12, 2013, 08:31:28 AM »

When's your fuel pump coming in?

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: