Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 08:41:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514798 times)

« Reply #5565 on: March 29, 2013, 11:36:49 PM »

Your best chance is to plead guilty with an explanation in front of the judge.  No letters. If you want to write something it better be a check.   Grin

Probably so.....
Only it costs me more in time and effort!!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
rz3r0

« Reply #5566 on: March 30, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »

118811, I'm sorry to hear about the ticket... Undecided When I got a ticket for going 21mph over ($182 ticket), I explained my situation to the LEO at the scene and to the judge in court. Surprisingly the judge looked into my situation, gave me a significant reduction in my offense, and reduced it to 6mph over. The ticket ended up being $80 and my insurance rates did not go up. Here was my situation: I was next to a semi-truck (in their blind spot) the trucker began to signal and started veering into my lane, and I basically sped up to avoid being merged into. The LEO was laser speed gunning in the area and I got pulled over. Nonetheless, explaining my situation to the judge saved me $100 and prevented my insurance rates from going up. How much of my time did it take? Maybe about 2hrs 30 min tops. 30min to set up a court date and 2 hours to wait in court, explain, and pay my remaining fee. I'd say go to the court, it can't hurt, and good luck  waytogo
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5567 on: March 30, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

All of you plus the picture are not making things easier to me.  1st thing first, fix the monster.  MD, I will buy the pump from you.  SSD called me today and it was the pump, quote "power and ground are good, but there is nothing at the pump.  New pump $1200, labor $175."

Even with me selling my monster, it is probably still at half way mark on Ben's SC.  I really do not think I can afford it.

Now ......... here's the real problem.  An intermittent open circuit in the power supply (red) wire from the fuel pump wiring harness on the fuel assembly ( the plug for the fuel pump power/ground and the fuel level sender ) to the actual fuel pump itself.  If you do an ohm check at the actual pump contacts ( wiring harness connector removed ) the level of resistance is almost zero, which is good. If I run direct power & ground to the pump it starts right up and runs every time.  The ground wire resistance is near zero every time I plug it in the to Fluke meter too. When I check the power circuit it can be 14+ ohms one minute ( still way too high ) to infinite resistance the next minute ( total bad open circuit ).  Needs a new wire/contacts and pump should work just fine.

I have the pump and can show this to anyone almost anytime.

Not that the guys at SSD misdiagnosed the problem but more like they stopped early at a sure fire fix.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:00:25 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5568 on: March 30, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »

Thanks MD.  Let me know if I could help you in procuring any of the parts.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5569 on: March 31, 2013, 12:14:58 AM »

Fuel pump assembly Part 2:

I thought that the wiring problem would be in the plug connections to the wire and even thought I truly found it when looking at the pump side connector.  It actually looked rusted where the wire was soldered to the plug.  So I cut the plug off and stripped down to bare wire --- still high to infinite resistance. So I opened the other connector and took it out of the gang plug. I could get down to bare wire and still had the problem. Now here is where it gets really tricky. I can probe the wire until I find the open but I can't replace the wire. All four wires pass through an epoxy seal in the base of the assembly. THAT'S SO GAS CAN'T LEAK OUT..   Doah!!   

At least the actual electric pump is good.  There was no foul in replacing the pump as a whole.

BTW......... Jing!!  My Man!!    he brought by two four packs of Old Rasputin.   waytogo   drink

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

« Reply #5570 on: March 31, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »

Fuel pump assembly Part 2: ...

BTW......... Jing!!  My Man!!    he brought by two four packs of Old Rasputin.   waytogo   drink

Good.  I bought two for myself too, gotta see what's all the raves are about. Smiley  Or at least why does MD like it  chug
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5571 on: March 31, 2013, 08:36:23 AM »

Black blood of the (somewhat drunken) earth that stuff is.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5572 on: March 31, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »

Black blood of the (somewhat drunken) earth that stuff is.

Are you calling it dirt?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5573 on: March 31, 2013, 11:29:23 AM »

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5574 on: March 31, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »

Put a cigar in there and that would look like me on a Sat. night.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5575 on: March 31, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »

Yes

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5576 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »

Went on a ride today and met someone with one of the 50th R1s.  Guy had the bike all dressed out with full Öhlins (Nix30s &TTX2), OZ wheels and a full Graves system.  Noticed a good two inches worth of chicken strips on his tires and asked if they were new for the season.  "Oh no, I bought those almost a year ago."   bang head

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5577 on: April 07, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »

Went on a ride today and met someone with one of the 50th R1s.  Guy had the bike all dressed out with full Öhlins (Nix30s &TTX2), OZ wheels and a full Graves system.  Noticed a good two inches worth of chicken strips on his tires and asked if they were new for the season.  "Oh no, I bought those almost a year ago."   bang head

Make that guy a deal!! 

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5578 on: April 07, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

Make that guy a deal!! 

Yeah...  I almost punched him with my helmet...

sta

« Reply #5579 on: April 07, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »

applause
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: